STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

I enjoyed most of season 2 but I also like the "Star Wars" feel of the show. Sometimes it can be so good you forget they are also writing for a younger audience and not JUST adults. I think most complaints can be resolved by remembering that.

I enjoyed most of season 2 but I also like the "Star Wars" feel of the show. Sometimes it can be so good you forget they are also writing for a younger audience and not JUST adults. I think most complaints can be resolved by remembering that.

I too really liked season two. Really don't understand why it's getting a so much flak.

I think most complaints can be resolved by remembering Star Wars is fantasy.

LOVED this week's episode! Was a great conclusion for Clone Wars fans. It might be my favorite Rebels episode so far.

Scared me when Rex got hit those two times though...I thought we'd lost him :(

I hope this isn't the last of the droid army. Although this was good in concept, you'd think there would be a lot more leftover from the war. I can imagine a group of pirates incorporating a whack load of those guys into their arsenal.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I hope this isn't the last of the droid army. Although this was good in concept, you'd think there would be a lot more leftover from the war. I can imagine a group of pirates incorporating a whack load of those guys into their arsenal.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Based on your post, it made me wonder what exactly happened to Separatist, Trade Federation, etc... once the war ended.

Here are a couple of excepts from Wookieepedia pages based on canon information

Confederacy of Independent Systems
Along with Dooku's death, its council being executed on Mustafar, and its droid army being shut down, the organization rapidly collapsed as the war came to an end. Following the end of hostilities, trade groups that had supported the cause were nationalized, and most of its remaining star systems rejoined the Republic successor state; the Galactic Empire, whether voluntarily or under threat.

Trade Federation
A decade after the war on Naboo, the Trade Federation pledged support to the Confederacy of Independent Systems, becoming a major military benefactor during the Clone Wars. Publicly, however, the Federation denied all links to the Confederacy of Independent Systems, while maintaining a seat in the Republic Senate.[5] The Federation leaders were killed by Darth Vader at the end of the war on the volcanic world of Mustafar following the Outer Rim Sieges, and the corporation was nationalized by the newly formed Galactic Empire,[8] while its accounts were plundered by Imperial financier Arsin Crassus.[3]

Separatist Droid Army
The Separatist Droid Army was the ground army force of the Confederacy of Independent Systems during the Clone Wars, part of the Confederate military.[1] The army was mostly built by Baktoid Combat Automata and led by the Kaleesh cyborg General Grievous. It was deactivated after the Clone Wars, when Darth Sidious rose to power as emperor.[2]

I would have to believe that the Empire did not want anyone in the Empire to have any sort of military force that could possibly be come a threat to the Empire. As a result, had the battle droids destroyed. I think that if their are any left, it would have to be as you stated, something in secret like pirates, something away from the eyes of the Empire. Couldn't you just see Hondo showing up with some.

Of course I also feel the need to state that in non-canon, The Freemakers (Lego) have a B1 battle droid named R0-GR (Roger). :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounded pretty familiar to my clone wars memories.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, in Lost Stars, they say that the Empire treated the Separatist systems really badly. They got the worst of it after the Empire got rolling.

Does anyone know what the upper half of a butterfly art (seen above in the video's opening still-shot) on Rex's helmet and Kanan's eyeplate are about? I mean, I assume they are Sabine doodles but the fact that they are both butterflies on the face makes is seem like it has a related meaning.

I believe they are suppose to be eyes. Specifically Jaig Eyes.

Canon: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jaig_Eyes

Legends: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jaig_eyes

Behind the scenes

200?cb=20060526024452.jpg

Boba Fett first production prototype helmet with Jaig Eyes.

Jaig eyes originated in production concept art and early paint explorations by Joe Johnston, for the armor that would be worn by Boba Fett in the second Star Wars film, The Empire Strikes Back. Many of Johnston's initial decal designs were abandoned prior to filming, though they would later resurface as sigils adorning the armor of other Mandalorian soldiers, and upon personalized suits of clone trooper armor.

The in-universe history and cultural significance of jaig eyes, as well as their full name of jai'galaar'la sur'haii'se, were detailed in the Star Wars Insiderarticles Guide to the Grand Army of the Republic and The Mandalorians: People and Culture, written by authors Ryan Kaufman and Karen Traviss.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really liked the way the story went to a joint effort to take on the empire. Also glad to see where the new Phantom shuttle came from.

If you want to see what it looks like and have not yet, there are still some leaked images of the upcoming Lego set floating around... like here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsre...poilers_lego_set_leaks_new_rebels_ship_xpost/

I also have to wonder if there is going to be an episode that addresses Ezra's new lightsaber. It's odd because there has been no attention given to it in any of this season's episode guides or Rebel Recon. Usually when a new item pops up, you can see them post concept art, trivia, or Q&A. I have to wonder if such details have been omitted because the lightsaber will be the subject of a plot of an upcoming episode. I would really like to know where the crystal came from. They could have easily had Ezra grab the remains of his destroyed saber and re-use the blue crystal but they did not do that.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back