Star Wars Rebels Ezra Bridger/Imperial Cadet Helmet WIP

Fierfek

Sr Member
Hi Guys,

Aside from the AT-DP Pilot or Imperial Combat Driver, the Imperial Cadet helmet is by far one of my favorite designs from Star Wars Rebels.

17465088431_4c1882f890_c.jpg

Moreover, the design is almost a direct translation of Ralph McQuarrie’s Snowtrooper concept. Both the geometric features and markings are derivative of the original trilogy concept art.

Review_McQuarrieConceptSnowtrooper_still.jpg

For this reason, I had to begin this build. I plan on making a two piece static version of the helmet and a three piece helmet with a mechanical hinge that can be motorized to open accurately.

Here's how my helmet sculpt is looking so far.

17255198618_c9bb86cb93_b.jpg

16820415084_3b8b4dff78_b.jpg

17277451458_f4caf4c892_b.jpg

(Completed V1)
24296888513_ab743848c1_b.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good. What material did you use? Sculpey, wet clay, fimo, plasticine, polymer clay?
Nevermind. It looks like 3D to me.

Last edited:
What did you use for modelling? Solidworks, Cinema 4D, 3DS Max, Maya, Blender, Rhino, Zbrush, Cubify Invent/Sculpt, 3D-Coat, AutoCAD, Softimage, Mudbox, CATIA, Lightwave, Houdini, Modo? I actually use Cinema 4D, 3DS Max, Maya, Rhino, Cubify Sculpt and Modo.

Last edited:
Looks great Firefek! I'll be watching this thread as my son is VERY keen on this kit (especially the motorized version).

What did you use for modelling? Solidworks, Cinema 4D, 3DS Max, Maya, Blender, Rhino, Zbrush, Cubify Invent/Sculpt, 3D-Coat, AutoCAD, Softimage, Mudbox, CATIA, Lightwave, Houdini, Modo? I actually use Cinema 4D, 3DS Max, Maya, Rhino, Zbrush, Cubify Sculpt and Modo.

I use 3ds Max and Zbrush. It's useful to be comfortable using multiple programs in your workflow.

Looks great Firefek! I'll be watching this thread as my son is VERY keen on this kit (especially the motorized version).

Thanks, I'm looking at making a couple wearable versions of these with an electronics kit as well.

Looks awesome.
Any chance this will be youth size?

Thank you. I scaled the helmet very closely to the 1:1 scale. According to the visual guide, Ezra is 1.6 m tall. So, it should fit up to a 23" head size.

The dome has been completely printed and assembled. Now, it's time to start filling and sanding. At this rate, I'll have it cleaned up in no time and ready for molding.

17415863178_92b821c823_c.jpg

I'm filling in pinholes, small dents, and refining the details at this point. So, I should have the molds done for both versions of the Cadet helmet over the next few weeks.

19554073622_4290c03ed6_b.jpg

19565090651_57df96afce_b.jpg

19560840885_83f3c35689_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back