Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Here are some screenshots of my game. I'm running a custom Jedi mod, HD blades, dismemberment mod, and an effects mod.

Love this game.

Those were made by LucasArts which no longer exists. And LA didn't even make JKII. That and academy were farmed out to Raven. That was when LA went from maker to publisher.

I bought all those the day they were released (JKA i got a few weeks before it was released :) ). I wound up buying them all again for $5 on steams. I've got DF, DF2, JK2 and JKA all on the desktop. Play through all 4 every now and then.

I need to get those....I just recently got KOTOR 1 and 2 from GOG for like $6 apiece(I still have them and play them on my 360 but that's at home and I got a hankerin' to play 'em).

Not gonna lie, I'll probably play this too, but I'll wait until reviews and probably once it hits <$40.

I would love an Elder Scrolls style open world SW game with some star fighter or space mechanics with travel to planets. Ok, seriously I just want the Ebon Hawk or The Falcon with an open floor plan and roll out on a speeder bike while on different worlds, blaster and saber on my belt.

I need to get those....I just recently got KOTOR 1 and 2 from GOG for like $6 apiece(I still have them and play them on my 360 but that's at home and I got a hankerin' to play 'em).

Not gonna lie, I'll probably play this too, but I'll wait until reviews and probably once it hits <$40.

I would love an Elder Scrolls style open world SW game with some star fighter or space mechanics with travel to planets. Ok, seriously I just want the Ebon Hawk or The Falcon with an open floor plan and roll out on a speeder bike while on different worlds, blaster and saber on my belt.

You should look Lego Star Wars The Skywalker Saga. It's looking like Star Wars game I always hear people say they want. Open world fly anywhere you want, do anything you want.

You should look Lego Star Wars The Skywalker Saga. It's looking like Star Wars game I always hear people say they want. Open world fly anywhere you want, do anything you want.

Does it veer away from the "tediousness" of the regular lego games? One thing that got old with me really quickly, as fun as they were. That and I'd rather get away from the "lego" looks...

Last edited:
They apparently said droids can be dismembered. They also admit this was a Disney directive. So I think we can kiss "realistic" lightsabers in games goodbye. I wonder if any of those Disney people have actually seen the movies? There was actually someone in the comments on the Gamespot article on this saying that "Star Wars has always been family friendly and had no dismemberment", so I proceeded to list every time it happens in the movies and games. If a little kid isn't bothered by Darth Maul getting bisected or Count Dooku getting both hands and his head lopped off, I doubt having it happen in a game will bother anyone.

Apparently, lightsabre combat is more "tactical" in that you have to actually decide which swings and abilities to use against enemies to best effect.

Which still isn't really a huge leap from Jedi Outcast where you had to manage different attacks and stances, and could try to use your abilities at certain times.

I admit, I like this idea.....

a lot.

They apparently said droids can be dismembered. They also admit this was a Disney directive. So I think we can kiss "realistic" lightsabers in games goodbye. I wonder if any of those Disney people have actually seen the movies? There was actually someone in the comments on the Gamespot article on this saying that "Star Wars has always been family friendly and had no dismemberment", so I proceeded to list every time it happens in the movies and games. If a little kid isn't bothered by Darth Maul getting bisected or Count Dooku getting both hands and his head lopped off, I doubt having it happen in a game will bother anyone.

Just to start off with Ponda Boba in the cantina, luke in ESB, Vader in ROTJ...

FFS, Anakin lost nearly every appendage in ROTS, while getting charred..

Frankly, i don't care if it's in the game. I don't think those wanting it, want it because of accuracy either. But as I said early, it IS in the code, clearly. Droids are NPC's, so, there's a tick in the NPC code 'toDismember' or something likely set to 1 or 0, someone will come up with a hack to change it. Not to worry.

LucasArts to flack for a similar issue back in the day - not having blood. Those wanting it, IMO, seem to have issues as they were basing their want largely off the Id games in which characters lost more blood that was possible to have in the body - before they died. Again, some enterprising individual hacked it in for those who simply had to have it.

Makes a PC version all that more important IMO - ease of hacking and modding. Not that it can't be done on consoles, but much easier on a computer.

Well dismemberment doesn't equal blood. You can have the former without the latter. I think the cantina scene is the only one where blood is shown after a lightsaber cuts off a limb.

Just saying, they took heat for that back then.

The ratings stuff today is a bit overboard IMO. I have three nephews/nieces. Never heard either parent, grandparent, me or anyone else mention the rating of a game. Ever. The only reason to not have it an option is to get a lower rating which i've not seen make a bit of a difference in any game ever.

I don't really get the whole dismemberment issue. As I recall, even in the Jedi Knight series you could only lop off hands and arms. You had to turn on cheats to start chopping more. And The Force Unleashed 2 was the same, with the additional chance of taking off the head when you killed them with a combo. I'm not sure what's more wierd, just cutting off arms and hands, or nothing.

I've only played a couple of hours but so far I really like it. Imagine a mix of Dark Souls, Uncharted, and Metroid Prime. It could use a little polish but overall a very good game.

I'm glad. For the future of single player Star Wars games, a lot was riding on the success of this one.

I've played a couple hours so far, on PC, and it looks good, but it strikes me very much as a console game. Not very open. Walking those thin beams should take some effort, but it basically forces you on the beam and while i didn't try to jump off, i'm not sure you could.

They didn't even take the time to do the controls screen for a keyboard/mouse. You just get a graphic of an xbox controller and the recommendation to use a controller.

I've played a couple hours so far, on PC, and it looks good, but it strikes me very much as a console game. Not very open. Walking those thin beams should take some effort, but it basically forces you on the beam and while i didn't try to jump off, i'm not sure you could.

They didn't even take the time to do the controls screen for a keyboard/mouse. You just get a graphic of an xbox controller and the recommendation to use a controller.
You really prefer using a mouse & keyboard for these types of games? Not judging, whatever works for you. Just curious. I like m&k for shooters, rpgs, etc. but for platformers, I gotta have a controller.

I can never get comfortable with a controller on a computer and i've tried. I'm not much of a fan of them on consoles frankly, but there really isn't much of another choice.

I used to be comfortable with the N64 controller with Golden Eye. I was quite good at it. I can't say the same for Playstation controllers, but then I don't play with them enough to get practiced. I bought Dragon Age Inquisition for PS4 and still haven't played it (and I loved the Dragon Age games on the PC).

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back