Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Re: Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order

Basically you're going to help hunt down the jedi is the impression i get - but it's nothing at this point. Just a comment was all we got and release is tentatively xmas 2019...

Re: Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order

It's actually quite the opposite. You are going to be a fallen Jedi, who is trying to survive post the Jedi Purge. I really hope it is either a new character or Quinlan Vos. I just really love his character and the backstory we got both in the Canon and Legends.

A minor update. Definitely NOT Quinlan.
bNfCtb0.jpg

This could be interesting, but it's EA. The game will probably be paused at several points until you buy a loot box, then you can continue...

WTH haven't we gotten Republic Commando 2 already?!?!

They caught a LOT of flak for the loot box thing. I think (I hope, anyway) that they've learned their lesson and will focus instead on allowing purchasable cosmetics, rather than purchasable in-game performance improvements -- or worse, purcahsable in-game chances at performance improvements.

I'm feeling better about the direction of Battlefront II, but I'm also skeptical and while we wait, the game still feels pretty stale and played-out to me. They really dropped the ball on that one.

I'd like to think you're right, but we are talking EA.

They're voted the worst game company year after year and seem to never change a thing. They did say during the Anthem bit that there would be no play advantage to the purchased loot boxes in that game and that they'd be cosmetic only. But....we shall see.

It still IS NOT something that's permeated all their games. Galaxy of Heroes let's you quite easily buy your way up and the dev's are on the proud side of that.

Here I was hoping for Luke's "Fallen Academy" where you play as a Knight of Kylo's enVaders (or whatever the fudge they called it..The Deathly Hallow Rens? and then never mentioned those guys ever again) trying not to get angry enough at Kylo's raging FITS that you might be tempted to turn on him as he manages to slowly get all of you killed (which is why he's the only Knight of Ren left in the movies!) :D

Maybe you could play Kylo himself!

Imagine the "force powers" you could learn....

Lightsaber RAGE - (You randomly start smacking the crap out of any nearby technological equipment in a rage for 15 seconds).

Darth's MASK - (You are momentarily hindered trying to see out of a mostly melted mask pretending you are Darth Vader)

UnHINGED - (You randomly attack all allies in the area for making fun of you wearing Darth's Mask)

NO PAPA - You yell, "I'm not Ben dammit!" at whatever enemies are in the vicinity and they are forced to look at each other and shrug before firing their highly inaccurate blasters at you.

Mama's Boy - You temporarily revert into Ben Solo and attack your allies for an entirely different reason than UnHINGED. This one is usually followed up by NO PAPA

Heal Fingers - Used to heal the fingers you continually burn with those small blades coming out of the sides of your saber hilt

Mind Probe - Confuse enemies and friends alike by reading their thoughts on current events and asking them random questions about them

Holographic Communication - Who needs a radio or com link when you can just project yourself into people's minds from Far Far Away? This generally saves you from having to make those peksy high priced long distance Cell calls to your new master Snoke

Surely, with these powers, Kylo will progress quickly through the game on his way to becoming the Ren Master we all know from The Force Awakens!

Last edited:
Looks good to me, always happy to see Saw show up. The post purge era has become one of my favorites after watching Rebels. I get the Force Unleashed comparisons but I’m still looking forward to it.

I'd like to think you're right, but we are talking EA.

They're voted the worst game company year after year and seem to never change a thing. They did say during the Anthem bit that there would be no play advantage to the purchased loot boxes in that game and that they'd be cosmetic only. But....we shall see.

It still IS NOT something that's permeated all their games. Galaxy of Heroes let's you quite easily buy your way up and the dev's are on the proud side of that.

Turns out I wasn't right.

In my opinion, EA royally screwed the development of not just Battlefront 2, but also Battlefield V. Both games feel extremely underwhelming, and I've stopped playing both of them. Content continues to be released, but at a snail's pace and in drips and drops rather than large chunks of content.

Anyway, as for this game, I watched part of the gameplay video and it basically looks like another entry in the old Dark Forces 2/Jedi Academy/Force Unleashed approach to gaming. There'll likely be some refinements, and the story may or may not be good, but at the end of the day, you've probably played this game before. If you like the genre, have at it. If not, don't hold your breath for something revolutionary.

More concerning is that EA continues to hold the license for Star Wars video games, so god only knows what the idiot suits come up with to screw up the games, try to squeeze every bit of monetization they can out of them, etc.

I can see it now, want to play with a red saber? $10...etc.

At the end of the day though, what exactly can you do that's revolutionary for a FPS? I don't know who did the assassin's creed games, but the walk on walls looks ripped from that.

A good story is about the only thing you can add to them at this point. Guns have been done (to death), as have blasters and sabers. Kill a bad guy or kill another player.....done.

The way the title is written makes it seem like "Star Wars Jedi" will be a series with Fallen Order as the first installment.

I have almost zero interest in this. The premise of "a Jedi who survived Order 66" has been done how many times now? And with the exception of vine swinging and walking along walls (neither of which are all that compelling), the gameplay looks almost exactly like Force Unleashed. However, for those who enjoy that linear style, have fun.

God forbid they ever do an open-world Star Wars with a character other than a Force user...

Shadings are crap. AI looks no better than Minecraft. And those wookies?! Who took a stock human figure and slapped a hair texture on top? Overworked and underpaid game designers I guess... Still an alpha but I expected something better after seeing the trailer, more story driven perhaps... but EA doesn't disappoint: remake a crappy hack n slash game and count on your exclusive license over SW games to sell it, nice (y)

The way the title is written makes it seem like "Star Wars Jedi" will be a series with Fallen Order as the first installment.

I have almost zero interest in this. The premise of "a Jedi who survived Order 66" has been done how many times now? And with the exception of vine swinging and walking along walls (neither of which are all that compelling), the gameplay looks almost exactly like Force Unleashed. However, for those who enjoy that linear style, have fun.

God forbid they ever do an open-world Star Wars with a character other than a Force user...

Assassin's Creed is Ubisoft, or at least one of their sub-studios (e.g. Ubisoft Montreal).

I don't think you really can do much more than iterate in this type of action game. (3rd person action). You could try adding additional Force powers, or tweaking the non-Force stuff you can use, but I think if you want to be able to play as a Jedi, you're basically gonna do some version of what we've been doing since Dark Forces 2. (Or Dark Forces 1 if you downloaded the patch I made that replaced the fist with a lightsabre graphic. :)). The major variations are improvements in graphics, destructibility, and story.

It's like the Far Cry games. they are what they are. You might modify certain aspects, but at the end of the day, it's still the same core game, and that's fine, as long as you like what you're getting.

I think if they want to create something really revolutionary, it's gonna take...well, making a fundamentally different game that breaks/blends genres, probably. Maybe at some point I'll post my own vision for an ideal game.

Just watched the trailer and I have to say outstanding quality on the facial animations.

Nice to see they're still making PS3 games(y).

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back