Star Wars Inspired Thermal Detonator

Darth Chasm

I work with a lot of original designs so I'm always a bit hesitant to post my things here as they tend to not be replicas. So if this is out of place please remove.

This is a one day prototype build of a Star Wars-esque thermal detonator with electronics. All found parts, some with light machining. I'd like to do all metal versions when the time is available.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Darth Chasm ! It's very cool! I was expecting a bocce ball style Thermal Detonator made out of snow globe or something, but I didn't see a Droid Caller on steroids coming in the least! Poor thing, with all the brains you gave it, it doesn't know whether it's supposed to be a bomb or a lightsaber. ;)

With all the giggling it gave you just making the video, I know that will keep you entertained for a very long time!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey @Darth Chasm ! It's very cool! I was expecting a bocce ball style Thermal Detonator made out of snow globe or something, but I didn't see a Droid Caller on steroids coming in the least! Poor thing, with all the brains you gave it, it doesn't know whether it's supposed to be a bomb or a lightsaber. ;)

With all the giggling it gave you just making the video, I know that will keep you entertained for a very long time!

Ha you're right. This thing cracks me up! It's set so sensitive right now that it just goes off with the slightest bang. Makes me laugh every time. And the board is still kind of just floating in there. I need to get a little better support inside and maybe adjust some settings after that.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back