Star wars 1/6 scale custom figures i picked up recently

frosty

Sr Member
I've been collecting kenner and Hasbro star wars figures for years now, and have a nice collection, I have admired hot toys and sideshow from a distance as my budget wouldn't stretch that far, anyhow I was strolling through ebay and found a 1/6 scale ben, loved the headsculpt, so put my bid in and won, since I've won him I've found out its a hot toys knockoff or custom, hot toys inspired head, body is hot toys and clothes are from the Hasbro doll
yZsPFUWl.jpg

EwTwly8l.jpg

scrq54Ll.jpg

Few weeks later I was again on ebay and found a sideshow Luke jedi and enterbay Luke farmboy, both on sale at a reasonable price, so pulled the trigger on them,the Jedi Luke has a hot toys bodysuit and belt and the rest is sideshow, the enterbay luke has been cut down at the legs to make it more in scale with other 1/6 scale figures
BFZMKf5l.jpg

I changed up the belt, not accurate to the movie when he is wearing this outer robe, but I like it
1jcn72Wl.jpg

cheers, its a slippery slope though, already got my eye on some more figures, see what happens

Yeah I had to stop collecting the 12" figures because it was getting out of hand! :D That was back before Sideshow and Hot Toys and the most accurate where those Marmit Stormtrooper and Boba Fett figures.

I remember those marmit figures, nicely detailed, never had one and I think they are pricey now, I picked this up this week, my first 'proper' Hot Toys, Finn
wAq7pg6l.jpg

Very cool figure, nicely detailed, with some cool accessory's

Yeah I had to stop collecting the 12" figures because it was getting out of hand! :D That was back before Sideshow and Hot Toys and the most accurate where those Marmit Stormtrooper and Boba Fett figures.

The Marmit Stormie helmet still remains more accurate than the Hot Toys version (the most accurate of all 1/6 is the Gentle Giant Stormtrooper mini-bust, the first ones, not the new versions). The Marmit armor is not as sharp as HT, but if Frosty finds Marmit figures for sale at good prices, he should go for them. I still have the Marmit TK, AT-AT Driver, TIE Pilot and a Sandie next to HT and Sideshow figs. Medi figures are ok too, especially if you find them at good prices.

I have one of the earlier gentle giant stormtroopers, they are very nicely done, and the helmet is a good copy of the screen used ones, didn't realise they were better than the recent offerings from hot toys, very interesting

So I have been busy and got another couple of figures, first up han solo, its a sideshow with a custom headsculpt, love the likeness on this, bit thin across waist and the thighs but I can live with it
4y0LX5Ul.jpg

typOxtCl.jpg

Also came with optional gloved hands and a cup
0kYsq2El.jpg

As well as the han I had had my eye on a vader, the hot toys prices were a bit to much for my wallet so needed something more affordable, I came across this crazy toys vader, and honestly wasn't expecting much, it was £35.00 delivered, so i took a punt and it came today, i must say i am pleasantly surprised, its nicely put together, and will look good on the shelf, that'll do for me
ceXtQHpl.jpg

9l3MWcjl.jpg

Cheers, glad you like them, I found a Robe for Anakin, not quite dark enough but it'll do, added him to the cabinet with Vader
78w7W0Tl.jpg

Also moved a couple of figures to my other cabinet
yiLp3T1l.jpg

Got the sideshow deluxe R2, comes with bens table and a lot of accessories, but i'll be displaying him without them just as his usual self
QJ1h9PSl.jpg

nBUHU8zl.jpg

that vader looks like a copy of the Medicom Real Action Heroes version i have. its a nice fig but man the newer hot toys stuff blows all the rest away, with their light up sabers and chest boxes and such.
super nice.
i don't have the room for 1/6 scale stuff but man it sure presents/displays nicely. (i do have sideshow luke ROTJ and sideshow luke ESB)

decent collection you have there. any idea whats next for you?

Thanks, yeah the hot toys stuff is ace, wish I could afford more of them, but sadly my wallet is light on funds, so i'll stick to customs I think, not sure on whats next i'll make a post if I get any more

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back