Star Trek VOY Garan Macro Virus

renaissance_man

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
My 3D sculpt of the Garan Macro Virus from the season 3 episode "Macrocosm" based on the sadly low resolution renders from screencaps. We really do need Voyager to undergo a nice HD restoration the same as TNG and DS9 at the same time.
Voyager Macro Virus Painted Render 1.jpg

Voyager Macro Virus Painted Render 2.jpg

Voyager Macro Virus Painted Render 3.jpg

I used an online 3D sculpting tool and had the part SLA printed in grey resin. The sculpt arrived today and I'm really pleased with how it came out of the printer, the resolution is great and it captured all of the detail in my model.
I've primed the piece and will give it a base coat of matt black and then start adding the various ochre, greens and browns to bring out the raised details.
I had tried to hand sculpt this with sculpey but just couldn't get it right so digital was the only way for me to capture all of the detail.

Voyager Macro Virus 1.jpg

Voyager Macro Virus 2.jpg

Voyager Macro Virus 3.jpg

The size for this print would be an ideal accessory for the EXO-6 Janeway or EMH 1:6 scale figure.

According to the fantastic Star Trek Voyager A Celebration book, the original model was sculpted by Rob Bonchune who was the "creature" guy when working on CG VFX during his time working on Voyager.

Painting updates to come this week.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back