Limited Run Star Trek (TOS) Agonizer from "Mirror, Mirror" & "Day of the Dove" episodes

Think Jedi

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
UPDATE 7/29/2022: I still make these if anyone is interested. Prices adjusted for the increased cost of resin.

UPDATE: I have 2 unfinished kits ready to go for anyone that wants them...PM me or email me if you want one.

*************************************************************************************************************************************************

I'm doing a run of agonizer props that I drew up in Solidworks and am producing on a resin SLA printer. The output on SLA printers is stunning, bettering even the best resin casts out there. You won't find build lines like you see on FDM printers. Finishing is easier than even the best resin cast kits. A few minutes with 2-3 grits of sandpaper each and you're ready to prime and paint.

I based mine off of the pictures of the original prop featured on Richard Coyle's web site "Yesterday's Future Tomorrows". I spent a lot of time tweaking it to get the measurements right. The "wings" are angled as in the original prop (a lot of re-casts are out there that were cast in open-face molds, thus didn't have this feature modeled correctly). I am really happy with the final product. Check out the pics here:

agonizer1.jpg agonizer2.jpg agonizer5.jpg agonizer6.jpg agonizer9.jpg

For your reference, here's Mr. Spock opening up a can of whoopass on Mr. Kyle in Mirror, Mirror:

mirrormirror.png Agonizer.jpg

And Chekov getting the same treatment from the Klingons in Day of the Dove:

agonizer-dayofthedove.jpg

My version comes in two pieces...the bottom body piece and the top red "button" piece. I did this so you won't have to tape off anything to paint the red button. Just paint it separately. I've keyed the body and the button so that the button easily attaches to the main body. You can glue it or not...it stays in place without glue. Also included are two machined aluminum buttons (as opposed to resin buttons as you see in most of the ones out there).

I'm offering the agonizer in two versions:

Finished Agonizer prop - $85 (plus shipping) / with holster clip - $90 (plus shipping)
As pictured above! Sanded, finished, painted, and buttons attached. Ready to use on hapless Mr. Kyle! Clip pic coming soon!

Agonizer kit - $55 / with holster clip - $60 (plus shipping)
As pictured below. Will take about 10-15 minutes of sanding starting at 220 grit to 400 and 600 grit. You can go finer if you want. Then paint and glue in the buttons. Clip pic coming soon!

agonizer-kit-finished2.jpgagonizer-kit-finished3.jpgagonizer-kit-finished1.jpg

Includes:

• top and bottom pieces printed on an SLA printer in resin
  • top and bottom aluminum machined buttons
  • optional clip

Payment is via Paypal. PM me or email me if you want one and I'll send you an invoice.

tJ

Attachments

• agonizer-kit1.jpg
    agonizer-kit1.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 349
  • agonizer-kit2.jpg
    agonizer-kit2.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 318
Last edited:
To sweeten this up a bit, I've decided to draw up and make the holster that goes along with the agonizer. The original made from sheet metal bent so that the agonizer could slide into place via the grooves on the "nose" of it. You can see it quite clearly in Mirror, Mirror when Mr. Kyle hands over his agonizer to Mr. Spock. I've decided to replicate this in resin in the interest of minimizing the possibility of scratching off or flaking off the paint of the agonizer. I've put slots in the sides of it so that it can accommodate 3/4" velcro strips or belt. Or you could just stick velcro to the back of it and attach it to your uniform (assuming you have velcro on your uniform). Here's the 3D rendering of it. I'll be printing one up within the week.

The prices have been adjusted to reflect the clip (a reasonable $5 increase to include the clip).

tJ

Last edited by a moderator:
OK folks, I have 2 unfinished kits that someone ordered but disappeared when time came to collect the funds. They're up for grabs to the first ones to message or email me. These are full kits with the clips for $65 shipped each (if shipped within the continental US...message me if you're overseas). I can build these into finished agonizers for $95 shipped (each) if you desire. PM or email me if you're interested.

tJ

Still making these for anyone that's interested. I did have to raise the price slightly to take into account the higher price of printing resin.

tJ

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back