Star Trek Romulan Commander

If I am not mistaken, the dress you want to make is of the same material as the top layer of these pants. I was told by the guide that the mesh-looking material is actually a layer of material that is(was?) put down under carpets.

Looking at those pants, that looks very similar to something I faked for chain maille for one of my husband's renditions of Boromir. It was basically just a sweater that I painted to make it stiff and silver. Worked from a distance.

chainmail.jpg

You could do something similar, buy some sweater type fabric and use paint to stiffen it or get the right color and weight.

I was watching American Idol tonight and I almost fell off my chair. I can't even remember hearing the song....my eyes were on his outfit. OMG WHERE can I buy this fabric?????

Joshua-Ledet.jpg

It's pretty diggity dang close!! LOL!!

789px-RomulanCommander2268.jpg

The ribbon yarn came and I don't know if I will have the time to make anything recognizable from it.

Oh wow I love this costume! Something I really want to try one day :D

Also a funny coincidence as this episode is on TV right now!

You can find the black/gold ribbon fabric at ISW in Beverly Hills! It's the same exact fabric - you buy it in black and highlight it with gold paint like the originals.

Ive had a look on the ISW website, its huge! Does anyone know if they still have this fabric and if so what its called? Or even a link to the actual fabric? Anything to help narrow down the search! thanks!

I was finally able to make this costume, but as you can see, the red mesh is too fine. I may cut between the holes to make them larger. I made it for Denver Comic Con, but wore this as a test run at Denver's StarFest.

I've never been one for photos or autographs, but George Takei will be at DCC, and thought that I'd like to get a picture with him. While I do have a red skant, I thought this would be a little more unique.

The fabric I found at a fabric outlet, and is actually upholstery fabric. The red mesh I got from ISW in Beverly Hills, the same place that supplied the TOS tunic fabric. It's the right color, but as noted above, needs a little modification.

romulan.jpg

I have a TOS Romulan Commander costume but it was made partially as the The Enterprise Incident and also partly based on the Star Trek Graphic Novel - Debt of Honor - main different is the red side appears more a a half cloak. http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61+Qtn7tnvL.jpg
--This is my photo from last yr -not as a good as i wanted it -I adjusted to add skin tight black leggins - as well as carrying a klingon distruptor.
1146329_10201661636082072_1727049672_o.jpg

Question -could anyone advise on the makeup? I want to make it accurate. I luck out in my hair is the same shade as the Romulan Commander.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back