Star Trek prop found item

renaissance_man

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Does anyone recognise the found item which this Voyager Lokirrim scanner is built from?
The "dial" screen part looks familiar.
This particular prop is listed in the upcoming Propstore auction and has basic dimensions indicated as in the picture in this post.

Attachments

• 20201030_053401.png
    20201030_053401.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 215
Agreed. It looks like some sort of watch bezel.

View attachment 1363453
I think a watch would be too small, but I can see your line of thinking.
The dimensions in the listing and the picture above give the width as around 8cm.
I was thinking this could be a handheld game but the dial part does look like it turns which is making me also think this could be a stopwatch or maybe a compass.
I'm confident someone will get this.

My guess, given the 8cm diameter, is that it was a cap for something like an oil tank in a car or motorcycle.

My guess, given the 8cm diameter, is that it was a cap for something like an oil tank in a car or motorcycle.
I think you're right - and given the shape of the grips, I'd lay my money on a 1990's AdBlue diesel fuel tank cap.

Unfortunately the modern ones have 6 grips rather than the 8 pictured.

Just adding in that when we would get items to fabricate for Enterprise they would be quickly designed around off the shelf items with just a couple days, if not a single day, deadline for completion. I had seen stud finders and other things scaled up or down as the initial design. Its still how things are quickly done today. Where a watch bezel may match as the shape, just not the size, it would be fabricated as per the design. The Riddick breathers are a great example of a designed on an off the shelf item then fabricated from scratch.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back