Star Trek Picard Season Three

NakedMoleRat

Master Member
Until next season officially starts, I thought it might be fun to post some theories.

Geordi downloads Data’s Zip drives into B4 and brings him back to life. 30 years has Geordi dedicated his life to learning about positronic pathways so that he can finally fix the defective brain in B4 and hold Data’s data with stability.

Picard and his Romulan GF have a son, named Renee.

Worf has been on Kronos for the past decade or so and comes out of retirement to help the cause.

Beverly has been teaching at Starfleet medical and likewise comes to help.

Riker’s pizza oven broke so he has nothing keeping him from going back, Troi follows, no mention of their daughter.

Think of the most preposterous, deconstructive, and disappointing scenario you can, regarding where these showrunners intend to take these characters, and it will be so.
makeitso.jpg

I am happy that the production team asked each of the actors to help them shape the story for season three. They each go to come up with where their characters are at this point in their lives and this was used to mould the story arc.

I’m also convinced that we’ll see Spiner playing Data this year. If they’ve progressed in Synthetic life in just a couple of decades (Picard) then we’ll have Data back.

I’m no longer convinced that it will suck and am hesitantly hopeful that it will be good.

That being said, I will avoid the spoilers and the threads and wait until all episodes are out, resubscribe to Paramount Puss and then binge and dump it again.

Except, I’ll likely not avoid spoilers and the threads.

I am happy that the production team asked each of the actors to help them shape the story for season three. They each go to come up with where their characters are at this point in their lives and this was used to mould the story arc.

I’m also convinced that we’ll see Spiner playing Data this year. If they’ve progressed in Synthetic life in just a couple of decades (Picard) then we’ll have Data back.

I’m no longer convinced that it will suck and am hesitantly hopeful that it will be good.

That being said, I will avoid the spoilers and the threads and wait until all episodes are out, resubscribe to Paramount Puss and then binge and dump it again.

Except, I’ll likely not avoid spoilers and the threads.
Same..
Its going to be epic just like going to see that favorite band you loved as a teen but when the lights go up it appears their grandparents have turned up instead :p

I honestly find that to be a little worrisome.
But we'll see if they came up with ideas that are for the actors egos, or respect for their characters.

I haven’t watched season 2. Don’t know if I ever will.

I’m just here to say that I work with a couple of Star Trek SUPER fans. They are not aware that I’ve seen most things Trek over the years.

Anyway…lately I’ve been referring to Picard by pronouncing his name “John Luke Pickerd,” with the Pickerd being like “bickered” and it drives them absolutely nuts.

Last edited:
I haven’t watched season 2. Don’t know if I ever will.

I’m just here to say that I work with a couple of Star Trek SUPER fans. They are not aware that I’ve seen most things Trek over the years.

Anyway…lately I’ve been referring to Picard by pronouncing his name “John Luke Pickerd,” with the Pickerd being like “bickered” and it drives them absolutely nuts.
I think that I can safely say that I speak for almost everyone here when I say…

Please continue to pronounce it like that with them.

Interesting…

This comes from a man I respect and who knows a lot about a Trek “done right”.

I also have great respect for RMB, but he can occasionally be blinded by optimism, or because his friends are working on these sorts of projects.

Last time I checked, two plus two still equals four. This is still KurtzmanTREK, but now with even more blatant and desperate nostalgia-pandering. That trailer is full of the usual nihilism, and the usual empty, pretentious use of the word "hope", which so many franchises now fall back on in place of actual storytelling.

I'm sure RoboPicard will still be a doddering old fool, Seven of Sixty-Nine will still be an angry, murderous lesbian, Raffi will still be an angry crackhead lesbian, and the TNG cast will all be miserable and/or failures.

Please, just let it die.

Except that the actors are not usually the best people to write or inform how their characters are portrayed. Stewart gave us Picard riding a dune buggy in NEMESIS, after all. And was a key player in shaping the first two seasons of this trainwreck.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back