Star Trek Panel from estate sale on 1-17-15

Ins0mniac

To me this look more like a fan production.

1. The color theme looks unfamiliar, green is a nogo. In real LCARS these colors were used: lcars_colors.gif
2. In your pictures two different fonts are used, Helvetica Ultra Compressed and Compacta Light. Compacta Light was only used in the first seasons of ST-TNG and later Helvetica Ultra Compressed. Usually only one font is used for the same display.
3. I'm missing the "Okudagrams", that's are little inside jokes or short terms of the people who worked on the display (example: MI OKU for Mike Okuda).
4. Too many buttons are not named and if the numbers are too short, only two or three digits.

Just my two cents, but I'm sure I'm right.

Keep on trekking

Dietrich

Not on plexi glass. The back is painted colors.

I would have to agree with Dietrich then; in addition to what Dietrich has pointed out, I spoke with Mike Okuda at a convention and specifically asked if he ever did graphics on anything other than plexi (I have one on glass that was supposed to be early TNG ) and he told me that he had not, that from the beginning they only used plexi.

It's not mounted on anything it's just the film though. I know it's an older one if it's fan made because all the Star Trek stuff in the house was early 90's. And then the kid grew up and moved out. We're they making reproductions of these in the 90's?

Sorry, it definitely looks fan made to me, not even close to an original............

Here is the back of a Voyager panel I used to own (from the bridge), which was made in 1995; notice how sharp the lines are versus your panel (the tear in the graphic is where a blinky used to be and was ripped off by the production crew for use on another panel after they were done with this one).

panel 011.JPG

Don't be sorry I paid $5, I don't care.
It was worth a shot. I've found solid gold jewelry at yard sales for a quarter. A guitar worth $2200 that I paid $70 for so stranger things have happened.
Thanks though For help.

Last edited:
I had a similar graphic. Well, it was the 1701-D from "All Good Things" but it was painted -exactly- the same way on the back, and the graphics on the front are the same style and yours appears to be printed on the same material. Got it at a convention mid-'90s. The vendor had quite a few varieties; I'd wager yours came from the same person/company. Never saw them again, though.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back