Star Trek Into Darkness (Pre-release)

just got back from seeing (most) of it.

Was so bad, I actually walked out on the last 20 minutes.

Wow, I haven't seen it yet, maybe I'll just wait for the Red Box rental to check it out. Especially since the more I hear about it, the more it sounds like a bad Space, Wrath of Kahn Seed episode.

Around this forum, crap seems to be the general consensus...go anywhere else (that isn't a forum) and it's quite the opposite. Mostly.

You may want to actually go over to the Post Release thread to better gauge RPF fan reaction, this thread is has run it's course, most participants are over in the other one.

Did you see Thursdays box office?

Even with it's horrible reviews Hangover-3 beat out Trek! :lol

Looks like it will come in limpin 3 OR 4 this weekend once Fast and Furious 6 is released

Yeah - Variety's review and the returns are all because of this forum.

Yeah - Variety's review and the returns are all because of this forum.
First of all, Variety's review praised the movie, so I don't know why you're trying to use it as a knock against the movie. Second of all, the movie has only been out for a week, give it two or three before counting returns.

You may want to actually go over to the Post Release thread to better gauge RPF fan reaction, this thread is has run it's course, most participants are over in the other one.
Once I see the movie next weekend, I will. Are things more even over there?

Reviewing most of the 14 pages, it's 40 loving or liking it, 16 disliking or meh, so running about 2/3 approval rating fro the RPF. I know Rotten Tomatoes has audience approval tracking about 15% higher, around 86.

First of all, Variety's review praised the movie, so I don't know why you're trying to use it as a knock against the movie. Second of all, the movie has only been out for a week, give it two or three before counting returns.

Once I see the movie next weekend, I will. Are things more even over there?

Could have sworn it was Variety but it may have been the DGA newsletter that smeared it - oh well.

And Opening weekend is all that matters - the drop will be big this weekend - not huge but steady. But I'm tired of saying the film is a failure - it's pretty obvious, both financially and creatively - and all the wish you may wish you mights you put into it can't change that. Now I'm off to do my gypsy trick to Superman.

Ah, the cries and protestations of the ignorant and arrogant. The self appointed arbiters of taste. But the Emporer has no clothes. They are simple men with thin skins and equally fragile ego's. And they reek of desperation.

Reviewing most of the 14 pages, it's 40 loving or liking it, 16 disliking or meh, so running about 2/3 approval rating fro the RPF. I know Rotten Tomatoes has audience approval tracking about 15% higher, around 86.

Thanks for doing the leg work, I figured it was something like that. Everyone that I've talked to whose seen it liked it or loved it.

Ah, the cries and protestations of the ignorant and arrogant. The self appointed arbiters of taste. But the Emporer has no clothes. They are simple men with thin skins and equally fragile ego's. And they reek of desperation.

I had a less nice version of that same statement going, but stopped writing it when I saw this.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back