Star Trek – Klingon May’Ron – Build & Finished

Just stumbled over this - what an elaborate piece of art! :eek :love Great job Alan! :thumbsup Congrats!
Another beautiful prop from one of my favorite shows.
Nice pictures by the way!

(Cross post)

Alan you did a great job on the DS9 Klingon May'ron . We made that when I was still at Prop'er Effects I have the masters for that in storage. Hope you had fun with the bellows those were so much fun . We made 2 finished DS9 Klingon May'ron props for the show. The original master was done in acrylic, bondo and epoxy putty. I think it is about 10 inches wide across the control key board.

Thanks for the compliment Mike, much appreciated coming from you :D

Actually, I did not enjoy making the bellows at all :lol

The left over right, & over and under folds, with four ninety degrees corners consisting of eight 45 degree bends, drove me bananas :lol

I was astonished I got it right the first time round without ripping or damaging the cardboard. In fact, I had bought 2 extra sheets, as I presumed I'd need them ..... having predicted "Third time lucky" :lol

I had a lot of fun that evening (read drinks) when they were done though :lol

Am very curious, if you remember, to learn how you covered the bellows in fabric ? Was it added on later, or was the card material already like that ?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back