ST: TOS Captain Kirk cosplay with Doomsday Machine prop

Always wanted to cosplay Captain Kirk, decided that if I was going to do TOS Kirk, had to go with the green tunic, and . . the . . Doomsday Machine.

Made the shirt from a pattern and materials from Ebay. . .

Attachments

• IMG_0303.jpg
    IMG_0303.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 186
  • IMG_0282.jpg
    IMG_0282.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 143
  • IMG_0254.JPG
    IMG_0254.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0253.JPG
    IMG_0253.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0019.JPG
    IMG_0019.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 95
Hard tunic to do you did a great job on it! :thumbsup

You should have left off the black springweave trim though as that one didn't have it in that Episode but you probably know that

Thank you. Right on the black trim BUT I opted for a personal comfort item and additional coverage (TMI warning. . .I do NOT have TOS Shatner tanned and smooth skin!. . .'Well, you're not exactly catching us at our best'). I may get the pattern for the pants (as these were $12 Marshalls purchase and were not ideal) AND get the higher calf boots though I'm not so dedicated I'm willing to drop the $ on available large size female styles as opposed to trolling the thrift stores, as I do. . .

It was funny, one person came up, didn't ask for a picture, but spent a full three minutes tearing up the details. . . I Kirk-smirked and let it go, my schtick was hanging out in the lobby or running around outside photobombing every Star Wars person I could. . . then swaggering over to the Marriot bar (WonderCon Anaheim) and having a pint of Lagunitas IPA

It was funny, one person came up, didn't ask for a picture, but spent a full three minutes tearing up the details. . .

Isn't that the worst? Why can't people just have fun? Or you know just engage in a conversation about accuracy once you judge how into it the maker is...

I think I saw a photo of you on Tested.com too! Did you meet Norman Chan?

- - - Updated - - -

It was funny, one person came up, didn't ask for a picture, but spent a full three minutes tearing up the details. . .

Isn't that the worst? Why can't people just have fun? Or you know just engage in a conversation about accuracy once you judge how into it the maker is...

I think I saw a photo of you on Tested.com too! Did you meet Norman Chan?

It was pretty awkward, like I said I just Kirk-smirked and Kirk-shrugged and said something like 'Appreciate you taking the time.' I mean I have a mini Doomsday Machine on a leash and a tribble! I don't have a facebook page or Instagram or twitter, I'm attenuating deep seated insecurities through demonstrative narcissism! C'mon I'm an amateur. . .and like it that way.

And re Norman Chan, I did not meet him, but I remember him (if that was him taking the picture).

I love the way you think! :lol

I used to run around the Trek Cons in the 80's and 90's with my fat shirt on with my bottle of Saurian Brandy filled with Walker red! :D

my schtick was hanging out in the lobby or running around outside photobombing every Star Wars person I could. . . then swaggering over to the Marriot bar (WonderCon Anaheim) and having a pint of Lagunitas IPA

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back