SST Ticonderoga

frightzone_4_you

Wanted to share some pics of the STARSHIP TROOPERS TICONDEROGA SPACE STATION. This miniature was originally built by THUNDERSTONE MODEL SHOP & constructed out of a Steel frame, wood, & plastic. It features an internal motor & fiber-optic lighting. Columbia Pictures then had this miniature sent to INDUSTRIAL LIGHT & MAGIC. ILM did alot of detail work before they filmed it. There is an actual #2 Ticonderoga brand pencil within the details... can anyone spot it? I feel very lucky to own it :love There are hundreds of SST production made props/wardrobe, but this is very unique & one of a kind!

Last edited:
Wanted to share some pics of the STARSHIP TROOPERS TICONDEROGA SPACE STATION. This miniature was originally built by THUNDERSTONE MODEL SHOP There are hundreds of SST production made props/wardrobe, but this is very unique & one of a kind!

You are so right. This is a great model!!! Thank you very muck for posting the pics. I wonder, How do you have it on displaY???

Greetings from the Netherlands,

BasD

Very cool model.

The pencil is in pic 7. :thumbsup
lol... that's right. Currently, This miniature is in storage (If you look closely you could see another cool miniature next to the Ticonderoga: WEYLAND/YUTANI Satellite Station as seen in AVP) & I hope to have it restored one day. Unfortunately, it's missing the middle saucer section & the studio could not locate it for me. I hope to one day also find it or have it replicated.

lol... that's right. Currently, This miniature is in storage (If you look closely you could see another cool miniature next to the Ticonderoga: WEYLAND/YUTANI Satellite Station as seen in AVP) & I hope to have it restored one day. Unfortunately, it's missing the middle saucer section & the studio could not locate it for me. I hope to one day also find it or have it replicated.

Totally cool!! I love it. You need to get that baby out of storage!

Alec

Hi there, I know this is full on ancient, but I found the photos of the Ticonderoga on yourprops on your account. Is there any chance of getting a few photos of the underside of the main dish structure? I'm trying to create a screen-accurate 3d model of it and that's the only part i really cannot find any references _at all_ for it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back