spray paint help

thanks man. yeah now its just a fun hobbie. I like that i can get paid for playing with spray paint and not worry about getting in trouble. lol If you need any help with spray paint just let me know.

Will do. i'm going to clean the parts up and as soon as we get the wood burner going i'm going to spray (might spray on the porch as its supposed to be in the 60s until saturday and i hate painting even in the basement as it lingers).

im sure i dont have to tell you but... becareful with using spray paint around your wood burner. we dont want a house fire.

lol. Well the paint went on semi okay after a rub down with goo b gone to get it off the plastic. i wasted and primed it. it pooled again in another spot so i have to retreat that one. I swear i'm going to sit here and shake the can when i'm watching tv to see if maybe the mix isn't happening right.

lol. Well the paint went on semi okay after a rub down with goo b gone to get it off the plastic. i wasted and primed it. it pooled again in another spot so i have to retreat that one. I swear i'm going to sit here and shake the can when i'm watching tv to see if maybe the mix isn't happening right.

I used the Duplicolor Hot Rod Gray Sandable Primer for the first time and it's awesome!

Do you wash or degrease the helmets before you prime them? After you prime it, do you touch it with your fingers? That can leave grease on the surface and cause problems. I have a ton of old socks that I put on my hands to handle the part after I prime it.

Also are you spraying 3-5 light coats or 1-2 heavy coats? Lightly misting your coats and waiting about 10 minutes for the next one will really help out.

FB

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back