spray or brush on?

renagade

hey folks another quick question for you fine peeps,would the spray on stuff(plastdip etc....)work just as good as the brush on stuff?,is it worth buying the spray?,thanks rpf'ers

What are you asking in regards to? It depends on what you're working on... A little more info might help get you answers :thumbsup

I've used both and they both work great.

Spray On tends to go on more evenly but you need more coats because it is diluted to enable the spraying.

Brush on you can control the thickness you apply much easier but it tends to be much messier.

Like KevinG said, it really depends on what you're using it for. My recomendation would be buy a can of both and try them out on scraps.

It does kind of depend on what you're putting it on. For cowls, spraying is definitely the way to go. If you think brushing would work for you, if you want to build thickness quicker, it can be thinned with a little naptha so it will go on smoother. Either way, you need to take the usual precautions to avoid the fumes.

The large can of spray plasti-dip work way better and put on a much better coat than they used to. I have not had much success with the brush on kind.

cheers folks ,yeh forgot to say,its for my pep ironman build,think i may try the spray as it will be easyer and less mess etc,ill do a small peice like the elbow and see how it turns out.

With the spray on, I've found it is really helpful to actually follow what the can says and shake the hell out of it for like 2 minutes straight. It seems to help prevent the nozzle from clogging up. Before I did the 2 minute shake I would have cans get clogged up in the nozzle and have half a can unusable.

With the spray on, I've found it is really helpful to actually follow what the can says and shake the hell out of it for like 2 minutes straight. It seems to help prevent the nozzle from clogging up. Before I did the 2 minute shake I would have cans get clogged up in the nozzle and have half a can unusable.

Excellent advice for *any* spray can, and definitely even more so for thicker products like Plasti-Dip.

Another trick is to warm the can up a little bit before you start spraying if you're working in a cooler environment. Dunking it in some warm (not super-hot) water for a few minutes really helps stuff spray more evenly. This also applies to regular spray paint. I'm Messy Marvin with a pneumatic spray gun, but I've made some masterpieces with a regular ol' rattle can. :lol

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back