Spllinter Cell Goggles

W4RH0US3

Hello Rpf I am making a Sam Fisher cosplay/costume from Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell . Right know I have his rifle the SC-20K(Which is a FN2000), I am working on the SC pistol(which is a FN-57) and most importantly I am attempting to make the iconic goggles he wears and what makes the series stand out. For those of you who know what I am talking about then it is safe to say that the goggles are the most difficult and most important part of the entire outfit. I have been trying the pepakura files that rundown has made and have made a mold made out of clay so far. What I want to do is use a heat gun and form plastic over the mold and get a plastic form. Unfortunately I have tried this method and what happens is the plastic bubbles and it sticks to the mold.
Here are some pics of what I mean:

View attachment 82765

View attachment 82763

View attachment 82764

As you can see it is warped and has lots of bubbles. I am new to this this is the third piece of plastic I have worked on. I am new to using a heat gun.
This is the one I use.
http://www.amazon.com/Master-Appliance-EC-100-500-Degree-1000-Degree/dp/B0002SRLFW

Please enlighten me as to what I should do. Thank you

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back