Split Plugs (Drool)

bobasfett

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I was recently given some ESB behind the scenes prop reference and saw this pile of split plugs on one of the benches. Hard to believe how rare the correct ones are. There are a lot of Fett and Reveal guys that would love these! Anyway, just wanted to share.

Split Plugs.jpg

Good lord that is amazing! Thank you for sharing - looks like some of the prong holes aren’t even punched out. I wonder if they got these from a plastic factory or bulk from audio parts stores

Well, the response to the pic was underwhelming but, hopefully the interest isn’t.

The photo was actually a tease. I will be doing a run of these and the photo is of the initial samples.

I’ll post an interest thread soon in the the Project Runs section. Stay tuned!

Well, the response to the pic was underwhelming but, hopefully the interest isn’t.

The photo was actually a tease. I will be doing a run of these and the photo is of the initial samples.

I’ll post an interest thread soon in the the Project Runs section. Stay tuned!
Awesome news! Look forward to them.

I never had it in my agenda to do this, but we need them for the hoth life scanner prop. The Hirschman plugs are great for Fett ESB blasters and Vader Reveals, but not that partiular prop because the outside of the plug is seen vs the inside. Anyway, I'm very happy with them and have included modifications to make them more accurate to the original than the Hirshman plugs.

Some comparisons with the Hirschman plug. Very similar with regard to construction and assembly design (obviously) but I don’t believe the OT plugs were made by Hirschman.

I tried to match the OT plugs as much as possible using the Hoth life scanner and Vader Reveal tour reference. And yes, they are flexible like the originals.

?hash=2291d2e9b476661790d3249dc6c5935f.jpg
IMG_0001.jpeg
IMG_0003.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0004.jpeg
    IMG_0004.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
These are super nice! Got some samples in hand planning to use these now for my Hoth scanner built instead of my very close (non-Hirschman) originals. Good color too. Don't have to paint :)

Reference of the original prop for reference...
DSC_5708 original.JPG

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back