SpiderSparrow's TASM Build (Suit Finished!!! Skateboard Pics! 11/1/12)

Re: SpiderSparrow's TASM Build (MY SUIT ARRIVED! 2nd page Pic Heavy)

I got my Zentai Suit today! I have no idea how it got here so quick but I'm glad it did! It only took 5 days from the day I ordered it.

The only problem is that they sent it with a detached hood and it was supposed to be attached. :unsure But I'm not sending it back because I'm afraid they won't get a new one back to me in time. I've got some ideas on how to make the detached hood look good though, so hopefully I can make it work!

Here it is! I'm 6ft 145lbs and this is what the size medium looks like on me. It's really tight, but that's what I wanted. And I got mine with open eays since I'm attaching my own accurate lenses. Oh, and I don't have my compression pants yet... I tucked my boys the best I could, but just excuse that area for now. :$ :lol

(Excuse my messy house in the background, haha)
photo.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo6.jpg

Wearing TOMs in these next two pics because I took these last and I decided to put on some shoes to protect the feet until I attach the Pumas.
7.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

photo5.jpg

And here's the mask with my lenses attached
8.jpg

As you can see, I'm going to need a face shell
9.jpg

After shipping it cost me about $68, I think it's well worth it. And when I'm done with this thing it's going to look hackin awesome!

Glad you like it man, perfection on the body type! Are you going to paint the webbing and the spider emblem? The lenses look great on it! Btw, your andrew hairstyle's ****in spot on!! :thumbsup

look quite good mate, at first I thought your eye holes would be too large for the lenses but it works! nice one :) and as mentioned above.... you have the Garfield look pegged!!! you don't even need the mask on lol!!!

Glad you like it man, perfection on the body type! Are you going to paint the webbing and the spider emblem? The lenses look great on it! Btw, your andrew hairstyle's ****in spot on!! :thumbsup

Thanks! I'm still working out, so hopefully I'll build a little more muscle mass before Halloween. Yes, I'm going to do all the webbing and the spider with puff paint. I also have a plan for how to add the honeycomb pattern.

I'll post more progress when I make some! Haha

I actually need a hair cut really bad, it's getting a bit to bushy, but it does look kind of awesome in those pics, I guess it just got extra messy taking the mask on and off. :)

Thanks! I'm still working out, so hopefully I'll build a little more muscle mass before Halloween. Yes, I'm going to do all the webbing and the spider with puff paint. I also have a plan for how to add the honeycomb pattern.

I'll post more progress when I make some! Haha

I actually need a hair cut really bad, it's getting a bit to bushy, but it does look kind of awesome in those pics, I guess it just got extra messy taking the mask on and off. :)

Haha right on! Andrew even mentioned his hair does that from the mask lol
The suit's pretty damn good though, but I don't need my zentai anymore lol it has some paint on it already

This is looking great, loving your lenses on the mask. I prefer costumes with a removable mask, seeing as he takes it off a lot in the film, which is pretty good for you as you look a lot like Andrew :cool keep up the good work man :)

look quite good mate, at first I thought your eye holes would be too large for the lenses but it works! nice one :) and as mentioned above.... you have the Garfield look pegged!!! you don't even need the mask on lol!!!

Thanks! Yeah I was afraid the eye holes were too big at first too, but thankfully I was able to make them fit my lenses, it was difficult though.

This is looking great, loving your lenses on the mask. I prefer costumes with a removable mask, seeing as he takes it off a lot in the film, which is pretty good for you as you look a lot like Andrew :cool keep up the good work man :)

Thanks man! Yeah, I was kind of disappointed when I first saw that they sent it with a removable mask, but now I'm glad they did, haha. Because I think I'm going to be able to make it look really good and blend onto the suit well, and I really like being able to take off my mask.

Speaking of the mask, I got a lot of work done on it today. I did a little tailoring on the neck/chin area and it fits way better now. And I did the honey comb pattern on the mask, not 3D, but it still looks pretty cool. And once my black puff paint gets here I'll do the webbing.

Next on my list is to start putting the honeycomb pattern on the suit. I might only do the honey comb on the red parts, I don't know yet.

I'll post some progress pics tonight hopefully.

Wow dude! I know everyone above has said this but so far, so awesome! Love the speaker and binder ideas. I'm wanting to start on my own soon as well! Aiming for MOS (Man Of Steel) suit first then to move on and try a little bit tougher challenge, the ASM suit. I got some cool ideas from reading your thread here. I might steal some! Haha! I actually started an account on here the same way you did. By searching for TASM replica suit. We;ll see how I do in a MOS one first though! Keep up the great work! Would love to get some tips from ya sometime! (I'm a bit new to costuming.) :D Thanks!

Wow dude! I know everyone above has said this but so far, so awesome! Love the speaker and binder ideas. I'm wanting to start on my own soon as well! Aiming for MOS (Man Of Steel) suit first then to move on and try a little bit tougher challenge, the ASM suit. I got some cool ideas from reading your thread here. I might steal some! Haha! I actually started an account on here the same way you did. By searching for TASM replica suit. We;ll see how I do in a MOS one first though! Keep up the great work! Would love to get some tips from ya sometime! (I'm a bit new to costuming.) :D Thanks!

Thanks! And you're welcome to steal any of my ideas, that's why I post them here, haha. :) But speaking of my binder idea, I actually ended up taking the plastic off of my lenses. It made everything kind of blurry, and the lenses look just as cool with out it. Also, when I redid my lenses I sanded off the gold sharpie and used yellow instead, believe it or not the yellow looks more gold than the gold, haha.

Good luck with your MOS suit! Yeah, feel free to PM me if you want help with anything, I'm no expert, but I may be able to lend a few helpful tips.

how do you attach lenses
and did u order open eyes

I attached mine with hot glue, and it holds very well. The reason it holds so well though is because I have exposed metal mesh on the back of my lenses, so the hot glue can get down in the holes and cling to it. I don't know what everyone else's lenses look like on the back, but if they are smooth, hot glue is probably not the best option. I will post a picture of my lenses from the inside of the mask later to show you what I mean.

Yes, I ordered my suit with open eyes.

:D

I attached mine with hot glue, and it holds very well. The reason it holds so well though is because I have exposed metal mesh on the back of my lenses, so the hot glue can get down in the holes and cling to it. I don't know what everyone else's lenses look like on the back, but if they are smooth, hot glue is probably not the best option. I will post a picture of my lenses from the inside of the mask later to show you what I mean.

Yes, I ordered my suit with open eyes.

:D
how do i make my lenses im lost

As soon as you begin the honeycombing and puff paint design could you post a sample pic? Even if it's just partially done. I'm debating getting this exact suit myself but would like to see what your methods are for the detailing on the suit and how well it'll turn out. Only reason I'd like it soon is so I have time to get it done by halloween haha thanks.

krazy glue works very well when attaching lenses. Only takes about a minute to set.

I have somewhat successfully made my detachable mask look good. It's not perfect, and I could have made it a lot better if the neck of the mask were longer, but it still looks pretty good.

I used two snaps in the back so that I can attach the mask so it doesn't come up in the back, but I can still take the whole thing off by simply unsnapping it.
when I puff paint all the webbing I will extend the webs onto the blank red part around the neck and then the mask will really blend.

here's a short video of what I've got so far, the first half of the video is just the mask to show how much more fitted I made it, and the second half shows the mask with the suit.
(sorry for the bad video quality)
TASM Progress: Mask - YouTube

And now for my honeycombing method.
Found this pot holder at walmart
14.jpg

I cut a rectangle out of the middle of it to be my stamp.
15.jpg

I use spray paint to coat the stamp with and then quickly press it onto the suit, it's kind of difficult to match up the pattern with each stamp, so the pattern is a little off in some places, but it's not very noticeable.
I'm using red paint on the red parts of the suit and I'll use black on the blue.

I made cardboard inserts to keep the fabric flat and slightly stretched while I stamp it. And I have to tape off the blue parts while I'm doing the red.

10.jpg

and here is the result:
12.jpg

13.jpg

I've only done the mask and one glove so far. I was going to try to knock out all of the red today, but it rained most of the day, and since I'm using spray paint I can't do it inside.

I think that once I get this done, especially the black on the blue, the suit is really going to start to look awesome!

Love it... Good find at Walmart man, it really makes the suit come together

Awesome man! I saw that pot holder and knew someone had to use it eventually. I just didn't know it could work like that. Really like how the zentai is looking much more accurate!

Best of luck,
-Equinox

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back