Spider-Man: No Way Home

Seeing the Goblin bomb from Raimi 1 and Morlina Doc Ock was great.

little worried about the fact that there are 2 villains as well as introducing the multiverse. Could be too much in one movie which hurt Spiderman 3.
Rumors are, there's WAY more than those 2. We saw the yellow electricity effects as well, more than likely teasing Electro, as I'd heard his colors were being changed from the blue in ASM2.

That being said, I think these 'villains' are going to be more like obstacles to the main conflict instead of being what he's fighting against.

Rumors are, there's WAY more than those 2. We saw the yellow electricity effects as well, more than likely teasing Electro, as I'd heard his colors were being changed from the blue in ASM2.

That being said, I think these 'villains' are going to be more like obstacles to the main conflict instead of being what he's fighting against.

Electro's electricity was yellow in the comics, so that's being retconned to be a little more accurate.

There's also a glimpse of The Lizard and Sandman! The Sinister Six has been on the back burner for years, so this is probably the only way they could get them all in, via the multiverse.

Hoping the guy that slams the paper down in the interrogation room in from of Peter is Murdock. He's pretty much verified, but won't be Daredevil, just Matt Murdock.

Heh... "props." I see what you did there. :p

I honestly have no idea. I wouldn't be surprised if all four tentacles + the "girdle" weighed a hundred pounds (if not a bit more). 99% of the parts were cast in expanding rigid foam to try and keep the weight down, because everything was electroplated (and was spectacular).

Most of my memories from my time working in the industry are of the people that I worked with. When I think of that job I think of a good friend who was instrumental in getting me on that crew, and I recall that his first child was born when we were on that show. That friend died in December of 2015 at the age of 48 from cancer (most likely industry related).

But I also remember that a lot of my time on that show was spent creating the "secondary tentacle," which was the smaller, tapered, whip-like tentacle that came out of Doc Ock's upper main tentacle - he used it to grab Aunt May, MJ, and Spider-Man himself, during the fight on the train.

View attachment 1487390

If I remember correctly it was about 8 feet long and the number 145 sticks in my memory - there were (at least) 145 individual "vertebrae" (all hand-made) and I think each one was only about 1% - 2% smaller than the one that preceeded it, from root to tip. Back then (2002 - 2003) 3D scanning and 3d printing were just beginning to be a thing - the tips for the secondary tentacles were mini 3D prints of the full-size tentacle tip that had been scanned.

Here I had just completed assembly of the first secondary tentacle (minus the tip, which we were still waiting on). So to celebrate, of course there was some goofing around and silly picture taking.

View attachment 1487391
View attachment 1487392

I think I did 2 or 3 of them altogether, and then there was an animatronic version (which was handled by a different department) and a couple rubber stunt versions.

I also recall that I met John Dykstra on that job - he was a VFX designer for the film. You ever hear the saying "don't meet your heroes" ? Yeah... that.

And costume designer James Acheson was at the shop pretty regularly - he was a very cool guy. He was costume designer for the original Highlander - I got an autographed copy of his original concept design for the Kurgan costume. :D He was also costume designer on Terry Gilliam's Brazil (which is my absolute favorite Gilliam film). I remember one of my comrades in the model shop ribbing him about the shoe hat design - he confessed that he had nicked the idea from a French fashion designer from the early 20th century.

So that's the sort of stuff that I remember.

Good times... (mostly)
So Freak’n cool you worked on that movie!! One of my all time favorite super hero films is spidy2

That was just a teaser? I hope we haven't already seen too much. Sony has to do a better job keeping secrets. I don't need to see more.. I'm going into info lockdown mode ...

Last edited:
Hmm, Electro, Doc Ock, Mysterio (maybe) and Goblin...just add in Sandman or Vulture and I realize this could be a way to introduce the Sinister Six without having Kraven (in place of Goblin).

And TBH I dont know how they would update Kraven to 2021. The Great White Hunter archtype is a little dated, and to make it less problematic would probably change the character into something completey different. And I say that as a Spider-Man fan for 45 years.

Hmm, Electro, Doc Ock, Mysterio (maybe) and Goblin...just add in Sandman or Vulture and I realize this could be a way to introduce the Sinister Six without having Kraven (in place of Goblin).

And TBH I dont know how they would update Kraven to 2021. The Great White Hunter archtype is a little dated, and to make it less problematic would probably change the character into something completey different. And I say that as a Spider-Man fan for 45 years.
Aaron Taylor Johnson has been cast as Kraven for the Sonyverse, fwiw.

Ah this is awesome! Using the multiverse to bring in the Sinister Six! Looks like half of the villains have been confirmed by this teaser and I just read a breakdown that shows the potential for Lizard and Sandman. If they introduced Aaron Taylor Johnson's Kraven that would be mind blowing! Or maybe JJJ would be the 6th member. There's precedent for that from the comics.

Ah this is awesome! Using the multiverse to bring in the Sinister Six! Looks like half of the villains have been confirmed by this teaser and I just read a breakdown that shows the potential for Lizard and Sandman. If they introduced Aaron Taylor Johnson's Kraven that would be mind blowing! Or maybe JJJ would be the 6th member. There's precedent for that from the comics.
Electro & Sandman...
Screenshot_20210824-144431.png

Lizard...
Screenshot_20210824-144406.png

Could be an all new villain called "The Smudge" ;)
Yeeeaaahhh... I just posted the best shot I could find after a quick search, but as far back as the leaks from those who saw it over the weekend, folks have said there was a jump-scare with Lizard popping out from behind Peter from the shadows.

Hope they use something like this for the Goblin. Not that awful static mask.
That expression at the end, scary ! Like it should be.

I might be looking too hard, but the lens flare just left of the lower claw finger looks like a (4) and then turns into a (X)
Screenshot_20210824-164903_Video Player.jpg
Screenshot_20210824-164856_Video Player.jpg

IMG_20210824_165451.jpg

IMG_20210824_165549.jpg

Last edited:
I hope these villains are the Sinister Six in a universe where Raimi’s Peter is dead at their hand. MCU Peter will eventually make the decision/be forced to step through a one way trip into that world because “This world doesn’t have any Avengers, but I can give them a Spider-Man”. This way Sony gets to play with their toy in these Venom/Morbius/Kraven movies, and MCU movies can play on Peter’s absence to bring Miles in as their Spidey.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back