Spider-Man: Homecoming

I hope the next trailer (if at all released) will introduce Marvel villain the Shocker :cool I've been waiting to see him in a live action movie.
Hopefully classic badguys like Mysterio and the Beetle will make it into a sequel.

I'd love to see Mysterio as well, however I'm not sure how that suit would translate to screen. Although that guy in the Hellboy movie kinda reminded me of Mysterio.

https://www.pastemagazine.com/artic...-might-leave-mcu-after-homecoming-sequel.html

If these rumors are true it will be very unfortunate to see Spidey back in Sony's hands. Thankfully we have a few years and a few movies still before we find out.

I saw a bunch of people dismissing this as an April Fool's prank, despite the article going up on March 31st. It's legit. But also, a lot of people apparently didn't actually read the whole thing. Yes, there's going to be one Spider-Man titled movie after Homecoming, and yes Holland will be hanging up the tights after that... But he's contracted for six films in the MCU as Parker. It's just that only two of them are Spider-Man-titled. He was in Civil War, he's in both (presumably) parts of Infinity War. Add in Homecoming and its sequel, and that's five films. Not sure whether the sixth will be Black Panther or Captain Marvel or what. But what also has to be realized is that's taking us out through 2019.

None of this should come as a shock. Downey and Evans and Hemsworth are already easing back. Their characters have no more self-titled films projected. Aging of the actors is a big difference from the comics that inspired all of this. What I've seen so far strongly hints that Feige and his creative folks are not only aware of this, but working in the underpinnings to potentially have the MCU become a multigenerational thing. Vision and Scarlet Witch's kinds, Ant-Man's daughter, and Sharon Carter are all people who have taken up the hero mantle at later dates. What I'm appreciating is that they're all building a universe that doesn't stand or fall on the shoulders of any one character. With good writing, the MCU can go on -- and strongly -- no matter which characters leave or are introduced. If done well and organically, I will keep watching. Peter Parker will have his turn and then, at whatever point, something will happen.

--Jonah

I saw a bunch of people dismissing this as an April Fool's prank, despite the article going up on March 31st. It's legit. But also, a lot of people apparently didn't actually read the whole thing. Yes, there's going to be one Spider-Man titled movie after Homecoming, and yes Holland will be hanging up the tights after that... But he's contracted for six films in the MCU as Parker. It's just that only two of them are Spider-Man-titled. He was in Civil War, he's in both (presumably) parts of Infinity War. Add in Homecoming and its sequel, and that's five films. Not sure whether the sixth will be Black Panther or Captain Marvel or what. But what also has to be realized is that's taking us out through 2019.

None of this should come as a shock. Downey and Evans and Hemsworth are already easing back. Their characters have no more self-titled films projected. Aging of the actors is a big difference from the comics that inspired all of this. What I've seen so far strongly hints that Feige and his creative folks are not only aware of this, but working in the underpinnings to potentially have the MCU become a multigenerational thing. Vision and Scarlet Witch's kinds, Ant-Man's daughter, and Sharon Carter are all people who have taken up the hero mantle at later dates. What I'm appreciating is that they're all building a universe that doesn't stand or fall on the shoulders of any one character. With good writing, the MCU can go on -- and strongly -- no matter which characters leave or are introduced. If done well and organically, I will keep watching. Peter Parker will have his turn and then, at whatever point, something will happen.

--Jonah

You mean "something" like Miles Morales?

Personally, I'd rather Miguel O'Hara. *chuckle* But in general I mean anything from Peter retiring to being killed and someone else taking up the Spider-mantle.

--Jonah

Why can't the alien suit saga just be a part of the overall story as it was in the comics? No need to replace anything,only to be a part of it

Clip looks good, homecoming looks like its gonna be some good fun. The little touches with the window and the door, the way the suit opens up etc. Awesome.

But why on earth is he able to crawl into that room, unaware that there is someone also in the room?

I know his powers don't mean he is omniscient, and he is young/still learning... but still. Is there a nice comic explanation for it? I know his Spider sense is a little ambiguous in scope "danger!" but this feels just a bit off.

Clip looks good, homecoming looks like its gonna be some good fun. The little touches with the window and the door, the way the suit opens up etc. Awesome.

But why on earth is he able to crawl into that room, unaware that there is someone also in the room?

I know his powers don't mean he is omniscient, and he is young/still learning... but still. Is there a nice comic explanation for it? I know his Spider sense is a little ambiguous in scope "danger!" but this feels just a bit off.
His spider-sense is probably going crazy as he's coming into the house. He's sneaking in wearing his suit, he's late and Aunt May calls out to him. He feels his senses, but can't always pinpoint why they're going nuts. Hence why he doesn't know his buddy is in his room.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

His spider-sense is probably going crazy as he's coming into the house. He's sneaking in wearing his suit, he's late and Aunt May calls out to him. He feels his senses, but can't always pinpoint why they're going nuts. Hence why he doesn't know his buddy is in his room.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Hmm. Could take that if I must.

I think it may also be part of the first half of the film - we are gonna see some mistakes from the wall crawler until he gets it right in the end. Could see it in that light also.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back