Spaceballs: The Hair Dryer!

drdeathproof

Having discussed our plans for Halloween with my roommate last night, we've decided to do a Spaceballs theme with her as Vespa, her boyfriend as Lone Star and me as Barf. But we want to build the hair dryer seen here:

maxresdefault.jpg

It looks to me like it could have been a stripped down leaf blower. Or could it have been something just slapped together for the movie?

Looking for suggestions of where to start with it. I did a little searching around for industrial hair dryers (we used to use something similar for blow drying dogs at a kennel I worked at years ago) or leaf blowers but couldn't find anything quite the right size and shape.

I don't really have the money or resources to make a vacuum table. But I'm hoping maybe someone recognizes the shape of this thing and can suggest a real life item I can use for it.

Thanks!

from just looking at it the best bet i could say is that then end nozzle piece is about the size of a 8" pvc pipe. Using bill pullman as reference that seems to make the most sense in terms of scale. I think you could also use a cooling rack as the grate but other than that I don't know.

Okay, thanks for the suggestions. I swear I've seen a similar design in an older model leaf blower, probably from when I was a teenager (which was when Spaceballs came out) but I can't find it now. I'll keep looking and post any updates.

A large round tupperware bowl on its side could maybe be used, painted white. The middle circular base could hold the vent. Cardboard tubes and pvc for rest of it. Just spitballing here.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back