Limited Run Spaceballs Dark Helmet Helmet and Spaceballs Trooper Helmets.

darkside501st

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
spaceballs helm.jpg

I have been wanting to do this helmet for a while and by chance I was contacted by a client who wanted me to make this helmet for him. So I took the commission and built this helmet for him. I made molds so that I could make more of them. I also will be making the Spaceballs trooper helmets as seen above. This helmet is made from a light weight resin and reinforced with fiberglass for strength. It is supported on your head via a custom made, comfortable suspension system which is adjustable to fit various head sizes.

Also, I made a quick video of myself trying on the prototype raw cast and of the finished helmet here:

Here are the hi-res images of the Painted and Assembled Helmet:

Images of the Raw Cast Kit:

I am taking a limited number of orders for these helmets. Once the mold is done then I will not continue to offer them. I also sell them through my online store.

Raw Cast Kit - $250
Comes with the dome and the faceplate. Dome will have 1/4-20 threaded rod preinstalled at pivot point.​

Suspension System - $35
Custom made with aluminum flat bar and adjustable headgear (now with metal hardware = no fear of stripping the bolt on the headgear). Also includes all necessary nuts, bolts, and knobs to connect the headgear to the dome and faceplate.​

Accessory Kit - $35
Includes the tinted lenses and screen accurate metal mouth piece.​

Finished Helmet - $470
It will include a painted and assembled helmet with the Suspension System and Accessory Kit as mentioned above.​

Shipping
The cost of shipping depends on what type of service you want and where you live. After the recent USPS rate increase standard shipping in the US would be $35, Priority shipping is now $75, and for some reason Express Shipping is only $60. I will also ship internationally but a package this size will only ship via International Priority shipping for $75 (same price as in the USA??? I think USPS screwed something up - called them to double check and they said that is the way it is supposed to be, go figure).​

Orders:
  1. sctcarts - raw cast helm and suspension system - Paid - Shipped
  2. abcwarrior - finished helm - Paid
  3. -

Last edited:
The finish pictures look like the helmet flares out instead of curbing down. Do You have a side picture of the finished helmet?

The finish pictures look like the helmet flares out instead of curbing down. Do You have a side picture of the finished helmet?

I am not sure if you are referring to the 'skirt', 'bill', or something else on the helmet. The only side pictures I have are during the construction process but the finished product has the same shape. I will be taking more pictures and a hi-res video when I build another one. Until then check out these pictures and let me know if that answered your question:

20141018_195617714_iOS.jpg20141020_043445039_iOS.jpg20141020_043514830_iOS.jpg20141022_082102722_iOS.jpg20141022_082139204_iOS.jpg

Interested, will you bee offering the other hard parts too?

Yes, eventually I will be... I am working on some other new items now to fulfill some orders I already have but I do want to build this whole costume for myself so I will be making the other parts. I am hoping to have it done by May. I will put you on the list. As soon as I get another cast made and take a better video then I will be changing this to a For Sale thread. If you wanted to go ahead and get a helmet now then I can set that up for you.

darkside501st, whats going to the the prices for the Trooper helmet? Finished and unfinished?

Well, I think I can make the master and mold to where the helmet will not require paint. I haven't made that one yet but based on the amount of materials that I will be using and the simplicity of the object, without paint, I think that I could offer the base helmet for $100 and the complete helmet for $135. The base helmet would just be the dome cast in white plastic and reinforced with fiberglass. The complete helmet would be the same but also include the microphone attachment and visor attachment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please put me on your list for 1 dark helmet kit and the accessories. It looks great#

Put me down on the interest list too.

I really can't spare the cash, but this is too awesome. Please add me to the interest list.

Ok guys, thanks for the interest. I will add you all to the list. I will be making another one this week to take some more images and a 360 degree hi-res video. I haven't had any time to work on the trooper helmets yet. Stay tuned for more updates.

Great job, sorry I totally forgot to get back to you on this from before.

You should make the dersert helmet at one point when you're bored. It would be funny to wear to the beach,

Great job, sorry I totally forgot to get back to you on this from before.

You should make the dersert helmet at one point when you're bored. It would be funny to wear to the beach,

I doubt I will ever be bored, lol. That is not a problem I have... just the opposite for me... always too much to get done. It would be a funny costume to wear to the beach with a trooper and a giant fro comb, lol.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back