Sonjou Amazing Spiderman Pattern

Sonjou

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I didn't want to take over wrroca's thread amazing-spider-man-costumewith my progress pics so i created my own.

I will post pictures of my process as I go along and keep the first post updated.

Im working on a Amazing spiderman Dye sub pattern. I started with the base suit pattern that can be found around Google for the shape, from there i scratch built everything else. after seeing more and more pictures of the suit. and talking with other about the suit. I will be working on two different patterns. And I still have a lot of cleanup to do on the outlines. but thats minor compared to lining up the webs. :cry

the first will be using the old template. (If it isn't broken don't fix it.)

the second i will try and create my own pattern suit with removable head feet and gloves.

Time frame :

None, I am just doing this as a side project while working on my TDK foam suit.

tdk-foam-pattern-design-costume-build/

Sizing:

I haven't learned how to size the image for printing i will cross that bridge once im happy with the look of the suit. But im a short guy so will prob size it close to my height 5'7

Tools:

Photoshop

Printing:

I contacted a place about a year ago. but since it has been so long i will need to check back with them.

Progress Pictures: (Current will always be on top of )

current

asm.jpg

asm02.jpg

asm03.jpg

asm04.jpg

asm05.jpg

asm06.jpg

OLD

Last edited:
Great job!! 5.7" perfect for me

Hopefully when it will come down to Dye Sub printing the colors will be as vibrant.

GFollano

Yea I hope so too. This if my first time doing this so we shall see.

Thanks for the compliments!

Thanks i started on a Different pattern. will have some updated pictures soon.

Edit*

Not different spiderman, but different sewing pattern.

Last edited:
I would probably be done by now, but I started working on an original sewing pattern. as in it will be sewn different than the Rami suits. and That way I will know if someone uses the pattern.

But most of it is done. I need to work on the webs on the head, back, arms and feet. but i have th shading done, red and blue webs done.

the pattern shape is Done, I just need to print it on fabric to test it to make sure my pattern is going to sew together correctly.

Last edited:
Here is an update to my current pattern, started from scratch as I said earlier.

I also made a new muscle pattern to go with it as well.

MCL34N was kind enough to let me use his mask shape. but the suit is a mix of rami with new design mainly the arms and chest area.

Still have a lot of work to do webs and sizing, some more shading.

screen02.jpg

screenscreen03.jpg

screenscreen04.jpg

screen-2.jpg

Nice! I'm curious to see how this new layout will work. You're doing an awesome job at getting the look of whatever material the costume's made of!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back