Somebody is faking Icons Predator Helmets and bases?

Rasta Warrior

Hi everyone!

I need to know if currently somebody is making a dirty job with the Icons Predator; and I need to know also how to recognize an authentic from a fake one.
The original has smoke visor or chromed?
Here you have two examples, one incompleted.
Thanks.

pred_lft_on_base.jpg

100_0619.JPG

A icons helmet always came with a silver lens. A lens that you wouldn't be able to see out of, It was more like sheet metal. None of them that I know of came with A smoke visor. I don't think none of them came with a smoke visor. They also came with paper work but again that can be copied easy.

This is a real one. THis is not mine.

Real Icons

How much are they asking for those two you posted? I think acouple of members here have this Icons piece.

there were two BIO helmet from what I recall. Both were made from the same factory. ICON just added their plate with a limited number to it and a much better paint job. Where the original company that made them, sold them as well but with a different style Name plate.

ICON BIO:

Silver lens (like a mirror ... hard to see through)
Paint Job- Much more urban wear to it.
The Name Plate- ICON Logo and number of issue.

BIO FROM THE ORIGINAL COMPANY:

Lens- Solid Black plastic ( can't see through it)
Name Plate- Just reads PREDATOR
The Base- painted in almost Copper look

I bought and ICON back in the day (before ICON closed their doors) .... still one of my Fav.

If you need better IMAGES of either helmet let me know.

there were two BIO helmet from what I recall. Both were made from the same factory. ICON just added their plate with a limited number to it and a much better paint job. Where the original company that made them, sold them as well but with a different style Name plate.

ICON BIO:

Silver lens (like a mirror ... hard to see through)
Paint Job- Much more urban wear to it.
The Name Plate- ICON Logo and number of issue.

BIO FROM THE ORIGINAL COMPANY:

Lens- Solid Black plastic ( can't see through it)
Name Plate- Just reads PREDATOR
The Base- painted in almost Copper look

I bought and ICON back in the day (before ICON closed their doors) .... still one of my Fav.

If you need better IMAGES of either helmet let me know.

Please post some pictures if you can. That would help out alot.

Thank you for posting those pics...

Anytime!

Like I said before they both from the same company and mold.
Its just that ICON hired an outer company to make helmet and base.
Only thing ICON did was their own style of painting and plaque.
The Pictures does not do it justic for the ICON. Looks much better in person.

Old Post but I wanted to say hello, I'm the Designer & Sculptor of the Predator Helmet for Icons which were all made in-House at the Icons Shop/Factory, I also restored the Helmet Casting which came from the Original Molds & the Restoration was done with Reference Photos supplied by Matt Rose who worked at Stan Winston's as well as on-Location with Kevin Peter Hall...

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back