Some sculptures I have been working on...

godproject

I like to sculpt..a lot. So instead of breaking them up into individual posts and taking 2 hours to put everything up, I figured I would just cram it all in here.

I'll start with the Phoenix which is a WIP...well...I think all of my sculpts are WIP at this point, but still.

So this all started with a digital painting I did of the Phoenix entity from X-Men.
phoenix sun painting.jpg

I then decided to sculpt it in 3D...

phoenix sculpt day 2.jpg

After doing so I realized that I really liked that transparent look but I wanted that to represent the flames so I reworked my sculpt to add in more feather detail and to sit inside the form that represents the flames which gave me this...

phoenix sculpt day 3.jpgphoenix sculpt day 3 back.jpg

I still have a lot of little feather detailing to go on the main body, but I like where it is going.

And what Phoenix entity is complete without a Jean Grey bent on the destruction of the Cosmos? So I began sculpting on a Jean Grey figurine to be displayed in front of the Phoenix entity...

jean test.JPG A lot of hair to go...oh and a body...

I also am working on a Sentinel Cosplay but I want some little X-men to interact with so I sculpted a Wolverine which I will print and then cast in a flexible Urethane around a poseable "skeleton"...

Wolverine final.jpg

I forgot to add one of my favorites that I am working on...The Batman

Day 5 play around.jpg

Okay, and I think this is the last thing I'll show here for now...

I have had this idea to build 3D sculptures of famous comic book covers for a while now...and what cover is more famous than Action Comics #1
This is a fairly intricate model which I don't think a 2D pic will do so I've linked to my youtube account to show it.

https://youtu.be/sVdSgPg_x0s

Alright, that is enough for now I think. Hope you enjoyed...

Last edited:
I've been doing a little more work on these. Especially the Batman sculpt. I finally got my 3d printer replaced so I can start up on production again. I broke the Bat....down into multiple pieces. 1. So I can make him into a massive action figure. 2. So I can make him into a not as massive sculpture.

Here is the 3d model for his head with the cowl on...

batman head sculpt.JPG

and here's the 3d print at about 4 inches tall...

10402849_10153580148502746_2687219428197058430_n.jpg

I still have a lot of smoothing to do on him to get him ready for casting, but I like how he turned out.

Just to add to the party I have the Bruce Wayne head sculpt for switchable heads as well...

bruce wayne head sculpt.JPG

I also made some little props for him...

grapple.JPGbatarang cast.JPG

I'm having these print on a better printer than mine though. I'll be able to make a mold in silicone from the batarang plate and make multiples of that hopefully.

I also have done a little more work on my Action Comics #1 3D comic book cover...

action comic no1 day 7.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back