[SOLVED] Vacuum cleaner hose type but extremely flexible ?

Carl500

Hello,

I don't know if it's the right place to ask questions about this but I'm trying to find a vacuum cleaner hose type that is really flexible, floppy.

I'm working on a 2001 : A Space Odyssey Discovery space suit cosplay, and to pressurize the suit, there are two hose as you can see on the gif. In the movie, you can see them hang as if they were reaaally flexible, and in the Adam Savage video, you can see it hang and it's really flexible too.

And I was wondering : where the hell can I find those kind of hose ? I've searched every key words that came into my mind online, flexible hose, vacuum cleaner hose, but none of them are that flexible. Right now I'm using the hose from a vacuum cleaner for children, the size is perfect but it's not as flexible as I would like it to be...

Right now I'm printing a TPU hose with my 3D printer with only 1 wall, I'll see if I can do something with that...

Thanks for your future replies :)

Peek 10-10-2022 17-03.gif
Peek 10-10-2022 17-05.gif

Have you you looked at oxygen mask hose used in aircraft. These are very flexible. Usually the are green or gray, sometimes black. I have boxes of them. If you can get a good close up still of what your looking for, I can see what I have got. In Adams gif, it looks to be about the same length.

Omg that's so obvious now that you guys put a name on it, thank you so much !!! You guys are the best ! :D

Thank you chibobber, but badly I'm from France so the shipping is going to be expansive I think, but thank you for thinking of me about that ! :D

Yes; the ones found on gas masks should do the trick. Since you're in France, you should be able to found some from WWI or WWII in antique stores/markets;) Be careful painting these with spray paint; the rubber might be damaged doing so. Try to find a rubber type of paint and not an oil paint.

Yes; the ones found on gas masks should do the trick. Since you're in France, you should be able to found some from WWI or WWII in antique stores/markets;) Be careful painting these with spray paint; the rubber might be damaged doing so. Try to find a rubber type of paint and not an oil paint.
Thank you very much for your advices :). Yeah for sure there's tons of antique ^^, thanks again :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back