Solo: A Star Wars Story (Post-release)

What did you think of Solo: A Star Wars Story?

• Total voters
I bought it on Blueray but haven't bothered opening it. I've got the rest of the year off work, so I'm sure I'll watch it during my vacation.

I quite enjoyed it, it's a fun little adventure/heist movie loosely set in the SW universe, there's even a random guy in it that uses "Han Solo" as a fake name to escape his homeplanet, I guess it's an homage to the real Han Solo, but he didn't fooled me once! :rolleyes:

Just watched "Into the Spider-verse"... Produced by Lord and Miller and written by Lord.

I want to see THEIR Solo... it was just further proof that you let to guys do what they do, and you get gold.

Could very easily have gone "Hey! Lord and Miller have a talking pig from the 80's in their Spider-Man movie... Peter... PORKer..."

"FIRE THEM. Get me Ron Howard and start over."

I like their humor, when it is appropriately applied. Into the Spider-Verse is delightful. Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs was great, after I got over being pissy about them really just needing to go with a different title because it is 100% nothingto do with the book it was "inspired" by. I adore the Lego Movie. Meanwhile, 21 Jump Street I can't stand, because I loved the original show. And, while there were organically funny elements in most episodes, it sure as hell wasn't a buddy-cop comedy. I also think Star Wars is not an appropriate playground for their style of humor and writing. At least, not Solo. If they'd done an actual Tag & Bink movie, now...

Last edited:
I think Solo was exactly the place to experiment with something like this... and after Rogue One I was especially happy with the idea. Cuz then I was "Oh, I get it... we get a 'War Movie' version of Star Wars where it's depressing and bleak, and a 'adventure comedy' version of Star Wars.. neat. Something for every-ohhhhh..."

Another grey bleak movie.

That said, I still found Solo more fun than Rogue One, I just wanted to see MORE fun.

And I quite liked 21 Jump Street. Have you re-watched the series? I did and erm... really tough to get through now.

They weren't all "3.3 seconds"

They should have cut the whole Solo thing and just made a bandit movie about Woody's character. (I can't remember any of the characters because they were all forgettable and bland). Woody's character had the most spice to it and he was easily the best actor in the film. I would have watched a movie about him being a scoundrel in Star Wars and really enjoyed it had he been the focus. He certainly seemed like he had more to explore than that plain-as-day, butter-and-toast impersonation of Han Solo they tried to shove into my eye-holes.

I didn't have any problem with the guy playing Han, but I agree it would have been cool to see more of Woody's character. Maybe they should have had Han as sort of his protege over several movies.

Finally broke out the blueray and watched it with my brother, who hasn't seen it.

While still a fun movie, it didn't improve with a second viewing. My brother gave the same impression, that while fun, it was predictable, and they crammed his entire history into a single movie. I let him borrow my Han Solo Adventures book just to wash the taste of the movie out with good Han Solo stories

I think Solo was exactly the place to experiment with something like this... and after Rogue One I was especially happy with the idea. Cuz then I was "Oh, I get it... we get a 'War Movie' version of Star Wars where it's depressing and bleak, and a 'adventure comedy' version of Star Wars.. neat. Something for every-ohhhhh..."

Another grey bleak movie.

That said, I still found Solo more fun than Rogue One, I just wanted to see MORE fun.

And I quite liked 21 Jump Street. Have you re-watched the series? I did and erm... really tough to get through now.

They weren't all "3.3 seconds"

I freak’n love 21 jump street!

Industrial Light & Magic

watch

Holy cow I actually liked it. Finally caved and watched Solo on Netflix. I am as big a Star Wars fan as there is, without crossing that line, and I am so sick of bad Star Wars movies, shows, etc that I never saw Solo. The idea that there was a Star Wars movie I was not seeing was amazing to me.

Brief History IMO:

Prequels. Crap.

Rogue One, Just there. Totally unneeded but not bad or love of Star Wars destroying.

OT. Awesome obviously

TFA. Crappy remake. Horrible

TLJ. Soul crushing garbage. Little man child went back in time and destroyed one of the greatest heroes ever. Crappy bad remake of ESB. Want blanked from my memory. Evil. Can't say enough bad about it.

I don't care about a random Mandolorian series. The one everyone wants, a Boba series, would be awesome but oh well.

Cassian Andor series. Seriously, who was asking for that.

Okay so I caved, pressed play and I have to say I liked it. I thought it should have been placed just after ROTS giving more time for the inside of the Falcon to get trashed. I felt he did a great job as a 20 ish Han Solo but it would take longer for him to turn into Han in ANH so say Han was 40 ish in Star Wars.

I thought he did a great job. I liked the new characters but would rather the two killed early on stayed with the crew through the film.

I thought Lando was great and I even loved his droid, although the whole "relationship" thing needed to be edited out. I wish they showed the Falcon more and showed scenes of the damage after, more close ups, etc but I actually liked the movie.

I am beyond shocked.

IMO only of course.

Very sad to find out after that there is not much for Lando Falcon Models. Seems to just be a small Bandai, and really bad toys. Can't say I understand why Hasbro made the greatest Falcon toy ever and then had made two crappy ones for the new trillogy?????

...Very sad to find out after that there is not much for Lando Falcon Models. Seems to just be a small Bandai, and really bad toys. Can't say I understand why Hasbro made the greatest Falcon toy ever and then had made two crappy ones for the new trillogy?????...

So, Lando's falcon has been a thing for less than 2 years. The OT Falcon has been around for decades. Gotta give them some time to merchandise and actually sell rights, design, manufacture, etc.

So, Lando's falcon has been a thing for less than 2 years. The OT Falcon has been around for decades. Gotta give them some time to merchandise and actually sell rights, design, manufacture, etc.

I wish you were right and I hope you are, but Solo has come and gone and was not well received.

I can only hope someone makes a good size garage kit as I don't think any company is going to spend a lot of time on Solo now. Especially with so much cra#!!, I mean new material coming out.

I hope I am wrong.

I love that they address why it looks different than it does in ROTS.

There were some problems, odd things, but overall it was just a fun movie.

There is a Lando Falcon metal model kit. It's actually pretty decent, wasn't too hard to fold and assemble, and looks pretty good. My only gripe about it is that it was pre-painted, whereas every other metal model I've done is high polished steel. So it makes my Slave I look unfinished.

I can take pics in the morning if you're interested in seeing it.

There is a Lando Falcon metal model kit. It's actually pretty decent, wasn't too hard to fold and assemble, and looks pretty good. My only gripe about it is that it was pre-painted, whereas every other metal model I've done is high polished steel. So it makes my Slave I look unfinished.

I can take pics in the morning if you're interested in seeing it.
I would like to see how it turned out-

I'm glad to see others finally coming out and saying this was a decent movie. I enjoyed it. I had never thought of having it take place at the time or right after ROTS. That is a great point and it would have allowed for maturation of the characters and also given Han and Lando a chance to establish a relationship and some adventures together. Because IMO as it sets right now from the movie the next time they see each other is Cloud City.

drcraig13, that's why I'm hoping against hope we'll get some kind of follow-up to this, possibly involving Q'ira and Crimson Dawn, possibly involving the Cloudriders and some of their allies, but hopefully involving the Battle of Tanaab and Han's and Lando's involvement in it, that could further nuance their relationship prior to ESB.

drcraig13, that's why I'm hoping against hope we'll get some kind of follow-up to this, possibly involving Q'ira and Crimson Dawn, possibly involving the Cloudriders and some of their allies, but hopefully involving the Battle of Tanaab and Han's and Lando's involvement in it, that could further nuance their relationship prior to ESB.
A Lando movie would simply ROCK

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back