So fess up who's built...

bigtrekster1981

Well had to get your attention some how...so fess up who's built the PL NX-01 and has it either non light or lighted? Post pics if you have yours done. I'm definitely gonna be getting one sometime....but one I can't wait for PL to come out with is the big Refit 1701 kit. That sucker will put the ERTL Refit kits to shame. But anyways post pics of your completed PL NX-01 kits
icon_biggrin.gif

Trent

I have one but I am waiting a bit to build it. I'm hoping some clever little vulcan will make a masking template for the hull plating so I don't have to do it myself. If I don't see something soon though I'll probably try making one myself. I definitely want to light it up though. It begs to be lit up. Here's a pic of a guy selling lit ones on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5901717623&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

The reserve is ridiculous but it is a very nice model. its basically a straight build up with lights, but no fancy hull plate painting. Hey if he can sell them for that price more power to him
icon_wink.gif

Jedi Dade

Yeah I saw that myself...hell if I were going to sell a fully built and light model kit espically the NX-01, I'd paint the aztec pattern on it at least.

Trent

If you look at the hi-res rendering of the NX-01 that polar lights made available on their site its the aztec from hell...its at least 3 separate base colors with moderate shading variations randomly thoughtout each. Its basically an impossible paintjob to do "accurately". I was toying with the idea of using the hi-res scans as a base and rescaling them to the exact size of the model printing them out and cutting them up as templates, but I keep hoping someone will make a set of decals that will do it
icon_wink.gif

I hear a lot of various boards bitching about the "soft" details on the NX. I just don't get it. I think its very detailed. I just think that the original wasn't as "crisp" as people think it is, and that this is a pretty accurate representaion. Maybe not "perfect" but hey making it perfect is what separates the modelers from someone who is just throwing together a kit...

Jedi Dade

Yeah they're bitching about the soft detail alot on CultTVman's board. From the pics I too think it's a very nice model. EVENTUALLY I'm going to get one..but definitely one kit ...well TWO kits I'm gonna buy from PL when they release it is the BIG Refit 1701 model. That thing is monsterous! It puts the AMT/ERTL model kit to shame.

Trent

I'm definitely getting the PL refit. I have no idea where I'm going to put it mind you
icon_wink.gif
But I will definitely have one of those bad boys. If they sell well maybe we can get them to make a 1/350 TOS enterprise and Klingon cruiser
icon_wink.gif
Their little ones are nice but there is no substitute for size... don't get dirty on me there
icon_wink.gif
I think there's been so much research done on the original E that a really super nice large scale (1/350 sounds pretty good to me) should be a doable thing I'm starting to drool as my wish list gets a few more entries
icon_wink.gif

Later,
Jedi Dade

Would be nice to have an accurate 1/350 Voyager model, Enterprise-D model, and Enterprise-E model...well hell would be nice to have ALL the Enterprise ships from PL in 1/350...that would be COOL. Mmmm....an accurate 1/350 Enterprise-C model...

Trent

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back