Snowtrooper repaint and upgrade

I just finished my Snowtrooper upgrade and repaint. I purchased this suit a few years ago from a fellow Central California Garrison member. It is a Hi-Impact suit. They were a group of guys that sculpted and made there own suits in the 90's. I don't think they ever sold there stuff, the just let GGG and CCG 501st member have access to them. I purchased a new Duster and Pouches around a year ago. I repainted and weathered it just in time wear in next weeks Modesto Light Parade.
Let me know what you think.
Darren
Snow1.jpg

snow2.jpg

snow3.jpg

snow4.jpg

snow5.jpg

snow6.jpg

Another one of your many great costumes Darren. Can't wait to see it on Saturday. i was hoping someone would put up pictures with the lights so I could get an idea how they should look. I have similar ones for my armor.

~Daniel

Lights??? o_O
Whoa some one plz explain

Luv the suit!!!! Most ppl will tell u that the missing middle button is/was some thing that got lost on one of the many times the exibition suit was packd/unpack. but i actually like that look. i can remove the middle buttonso i have that and the full look!!!
The only thing i would add , maybe would be a little more weathering in the knees, but thats me :D
Looks great
Plz explain the light thing as i have no idea were/what this is.

Modesto Light Parade...... :confused
Blinky blinky blinky lights in a parade..... :confused
You know that thing called Christmas in December :confused

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

No, the light are just for the parade this weekend. After that, they are gone.

Eric, I must say you guys did a great job on the kit. Extremely well sculpted and done in really nice and thick styrene (it did say "Dan" in red on the inside of most of the pieces).

Darren

The one jacket on the MoM tour looks like it's made from a blanket.
Can't really say what the pants are made of possibly cotton, I just used a Dickies coverall.

I lined my entire upper jacket with a light cotton with velcro straps at the wrist.

The front panels of the duster need to be doubled to be screen accurate.
You can see it in the publicity stills.

Eric...

Same way desert troopers do, they work for a living instead of sitting around on shiny space ships polishing their armor.;)

Actually, in one of the Clone Wars Animated episodes, them clones which just arrived for duties are called "shinny".

One of the clone ask why ? And the commander Rex replied "because your have not seen or been into battles, that is why your armor is still clean."

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back