Snowspeeder Filming Replica with Working Air Brakes

Ages ago when I tricked out a casting of the MR speeder for SD, I screen capped the film to hell and back to get the quilted pattern of the liner on the upper section (headliner) of the canopy, and that's when I spied the bubble wrap material. Ridiculous/charming but yeah, in line with what they did everywhere else.

Hey Allan, I'm still shooting for a cross between the live action and the miniature, similar to the MR. That's one aspect of that replica that was well executed. The front, rear and side consoles are live action and the lower cockpit walls are the mini. I think it's pretty cool.

Hey Allan,

Great work on your Speeder mate, some tricky area's there youv'e really put alot of thought & dedication into getting right. Love the cockpit details. This one's gonna be a stunner for sure!.
Stu

Thing is Allen you look at the speeder from the out side
it's all mechanical and working. Then you look inside and
it's like....wow "Nothing looks like it is working in here,
to make everything out there work"LOL Well at least
on the filming mini......:lol But the live action one is
def more mechanical looking and working!

Your seat back looks perfect great job along
with instrumentation part.:thumbsup

Thanks, Michael. Hey, would you direct me to your own speeder build up? I lost that bookmark two computers ago...yours is a winner!

I'm still trying to decide what to do about the parts I can't find... The incorrect ones are tacked on as placeholders, for now.

Thanks, Frank. I've gotten bogged down in the 80-20 rule. Anyway, chipping away at that last 20 percent (that's costing 80 percent of the effort, except Telepathic put in the 80 percent, lol) with a couple more part IDs. This is cropped from an image included in Jason's set, and I lightened the photo considerably to reveal that panel on the gunner's side of the seat.

rearseat.jpg

And, Telepathic ID'd the round part on the left / port side top of the seat / bulkhead - above the 20mm part in the pic. It's cut from a Panzer IV suspension. Don't have a better pic handy...

Last edited:
Thanks, Michael. Hey, would you direct me to your own speeder build up? I lost that bookmark two computers ago...yours is a winner!

I'm still trying to decide what to do about the parts I can't find... The incorrect ones are tacked on as placeholders, for now.

My speeder I am pretty sure is bigger than SS my cockpit tub
ended up being huge.....LOL Just by looking at the seat I was
working on you can tell.

Mvc-691f.jpg

Mvc-906s.jpg

Here Is the link to the album on photobucket.....don't think there
is a damn thing there you can learn building wise!:thumbsup But
there rest of the cockpit pictures are there.
Studio Scale Snowspeeder V1 Photos by 3dimensionalmanagement | Photobucket

I really is a sight to behold - I love it! Your pencil sharpener makes me smile, too. I love those. Boston, right?

Hey guys, wondering if you can help out with another part ID. I am pretty sure I've seen this part somewhere, I just can't recall where I've seen it.

Reminds me of an F-14 exaust tailpipe part but it is way to diffrent than the part that I am thinking of. It cold be part of a model jet part but I can't really be sure btw this model is looking amazing and is showing a lot of progress!

Lee, Scott, thanks for the suggestions. The part does not seem to come from any of the Russian tanks and from an initial browsing of the tubing and fittings section in the Plastruct catalog has not led me to the part. I don't know why guys but this part seems so familiar, kind of like I have actually held it in hand before I just can't recall the specific circumstances.

Hmm, i actually liked Scotts suggestion better than my own Helio, but, if you think not, its odd....cant figure that notch that is in the side, moulded, or a bad sprue trim?

lee

How's it going Lee. I thought Scott's suggestion was good too but I still have not been able to locate the part in the catalog. As far as the notch goes I believe it to be in the part due to the fact that it is has perfectly square edges as opposed to rough spots that would be produced by either a poor removal from the parts tree or a rough casting. I still can't seem to shake the feeling that I have personally handled this part but I just can't seem to remember from where, I am building a falcon and have dealt with 100's maybe 1000's of parts, just wish that I could remember where this part was.

How's it going Lee. I thought Scott's suggestion was good too but I still have not been able to locate the part in the catalog. As far as the notch goes I believe it to be in the part due to the fact that it is has perfectly square edges as opposed to rough spots that would be produced by either a poor removal from the parts tree or a rough casting. I still can't seem to shake the feeling that I have personally handled this part but I just can't seem to remember from where, I am building a falcon and have dealt with 100's maybe 1000's of parts, just wish that I could remember where this part was.

All good here buddy :). Oh i so here you on handling parts, its infuriating trying to jog the memory sometimes, theres a lot of junk rattling round in my head.
Its kind of like that scene in Stephen Kings Dreamcatcher, having an actual memory bank, so to speak, a filing system lol, that would be something.

lee

And the worst part of it all is that I am going to tire looking for the thing and either scratch my own or settle for a part that is close enough and then after all is said and done the proper part will turn up.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back