Snow Queen from Narnia

I think it's unanimous -- those who have seen Tilda Swinton's White Witch all thought "hmm... wonder if Julia's gonna tackle this one next".

Eeeek. That battle dress is chain maile.

Only one nit-picky detail -- your hair is MUUUUUUCH too nice for the White Witch. Her hair scared me. *shudder.* Wigs are your friend.

Can't wait to see what you do next with this.

Darc

Originally posted by Guri@Dec 13 2005, 11:58 AM
Thanks a bunch Nexus for anything you can get - but there is no rush, I'm only CONSIDERING this... :D

Guri
[snapback]1134840[/snapback]​
I adjusted the lighting on some of them, to help bring out details:

/end thread hijack :D

Darc, I actually do have a wig I planned on roughing up and putting it in my hair to add volume and mess - but I simply ran out of time... Thanks for the compliment though. :D

Nexus, Thanks a 100x for all those... That is a fascinating costume - all the ties, zippers, and I especially love the hospital bracelets. This (besides the wings) is very, very a doable. In fact, I just saw some white stretch fabric that would be perfect for the shirts and under layer of leggings... hmmm....

Guri

I just love how you colored those fabrics and layered them for that effect. It reads wonderfully in your pics.

But you DO realize that small children will now run screaming from you, right? :lol Tilda Swinton was concerned about that as well. Said in an interview that she remembered Margaret Hamillton (Wicked Witch of the West) saying that children were backing away or hiding behind their parents when they saw her waiting for the subway.

Ahhh... the power. The POWER.... :lol :lol :lol

Darc

BEAUTIFUL work....

I have been drooling over the Battle Dress that the Queen has myself. All that chainmail scares me off though.

Originally posted by ondiv@Dec 19 2005, 02:34 AM
BEAUTIFUL work....

I have been drooling over the Battle Dress that the Queen has myself. All that chainmail scares me off though.
[snapback]1139099[/snapback]​

Me too. I am terrified by the thought of making a whole skirt of chainmail though - ugh. Right now I'm wondering about the possibilities of knitted string, both from an ease factor and from a weight factor.

Gen

Originally posted by ShezaPropstitute@Dec 17 2005, 04:15 AM
But you DO realize that small children will now run screaming from you, right?  :lol  Tilda Swinton was concerned about that as well. Said in an interview that she remembered Margaret Hamillton (Wicked Witch of the West) saying that children were backing away or hiding behind their parents when they saw her waiting for the subway.

Ahhh... the power. The POWER....  :lol  :lol  :lol
Darc

Yeah, I was thinking it would be fun to drag my kids around with me dressed as stone statues... :lol

Ondiv and Gen, have you seen This??

Guri

Thanks for all those links. I'm really starting to get interested in this costume - augh, where to find the time.?

Originally posted by Guri@Dec 19 2005, 07:18 PM

Yeah, I was thinking it would be fun to drag my kids around with me dressed as stone statues...  :lol
Guri
[snapback]1139536[/snapback]​

That's SICK. I love it. :)

Gen

Gen, looking at beautiful photos is always how it starts... peer pressure doesn't go away when you get older either. *LOL*

Guri

Originally posted by Guri@Dec 19 2005, 05:18 PM
Ondiv and Gen, have you seen This??

Guri

oh thank you so much for that link Guri... I saved that sucker right to my hard drive.

I'm also going to look into this whole PVC chainmail thread...that is an option that I'd be open to.

A friend of mine did it in sintra.

narnia.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back