Snake Eyes: GI Joe Origins

Saw it last night. Definitely better than the last 2 movies, which isn't really saying much. Overall I liked it and if they end up continuing the franchise I feel like that wouldn't be a bad thing. The actors playing Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow were the best thing about the movie and I'd definitely like to see more of them.
As long as the main characters are the strong point then yes its worth a shot for everyone. The only online criticisms I see at the moment are all from people who havent even watched it yet and say things like "wrong origin, not my Snake"

Yeah, I don't know what to say to those people. No one is a bigger G.I. Joe fan than me. I loved Larry Hama's run on the comic so much. I would love to see a live action version of that, but its not going to happen. So, for now I'll judge the new stuff on how well they're doing at accomplishing what they're trying to do, not against how close it is to Hama's comic. Was this movie, great? Hell no. This version of Snake-Eyes barely qualifies as a hero. I think I can see where they're trying to go with it, though and it seems interesting. I hope they pull it off. In the meantime I had fun and I hope they get the chance to tell more of the story.

What makes a film worth a shot is entirely subjective. Not everyone has the time to sit through 90+ minutes of movies that don't look great to them.

Supporting films like this to see exactly where on the scale of mediocre (or in other cases downright awful) they are seems to be doing more harm than good, that's part of why many including myself haven't seen it. Every viewing, every penny filmmakers get says "Make more films like this, you're doing a good job." So I'll take not having a 100% "informed" opinion on something if it doesn't look worth the time as opposed to funding more most likely half @ssed films. I'm sure it has fun elements to it and some redeemable qualities but from the available trailers, reviews and information I'm going to pass on this one.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back