Smart Guys Ironman 3 Repulsor

timetotom

So I just bought my first 3d printer and ive been looking for things to make that no one else has yet,

while watching ironman 3 I saw the hidden repulsor in the scene where RDJ talks about smart guys always covering their a** so I decided to have a go at it
1593639192346.png

this first model was more about testing size and proportions
1593638425473.png
1593638520872.png

my next model was more accurate to the movies prop although there was not a great amount of reference available and my modelling skills are still growing,
1593638652675.png
1593638687298.png

while I was modelling and testing out the latest version something hit me, this is really big and clunky and I've tried to be accurate in terms of sizing, surely after the event of ironman 3 tony stark would have tried to make a better version of this for if he ever got caught without his suit again, he did and we saw it in civil war. as awesome as It was I still reckon tony would have taken it a step further, and he did! the slap on webshooters he made for spiderman that were seen at the start of infinity war, imagine those but with repulsors instead, that is what I'm now aiming for, safe to say my project has taken a bit of a nose dive down the rabbit hole of stark tech but hey ho this is where the funs at.... right ?

1593638988059.png
the newest model (v3 pictured left) is printing while I type so will update asap.

if anyone has some good resolution images of concept art for arc reactors or repulsors I will happily trade with any of the 3d files above :)

so V3 is printed and there's a few things that are now quite obvious, I need something better than doubled up masking tape to diffuse the lights and I need some form of strap that isn't electricians tape :p

20200702_233839.jpg
20200702_233848.jpg
20200702_233855.jpg

I've started the strap, again printing while I type so hopefully will have something soon, still need to source some frosted plastic and I thought hexagon mesh would look good underneath for close ups,

will post update when Im done with the strap, although I think I need something more flexible for the join between the battery holder and repulsor node, any ideas anyone ?

1593735061361.png

so the strap came out great but its still not finished, I decided to try and make it slimmer and also make a rail so the battery pack and repulsor can be slid on and off with ease, printing while we speak but here's V1 with some red chrome vinyl for finish. I'm printing these in low reso for now while I'm trying to get the right eventually ill print in high def .

20200703_135614.jpg
20200703_140120.jpg

Here's the 3d model of the V2 strap that is currently printing

1593784727627.png

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back