Smallville Ship II

Kal-ElofKrypton

I've been thinking of making the ship from Arrival for some time now. This is gonna be the first prop big prop I'm gonna try to make. Its gonna be make either out of copper or aluminum.

But I need help to scale the ship. Its a WIP. I need to save some money so I can afford to make a furnace so I can try to make it.

Here is a picture of the ship:

S10G-929-SMA1-20-3.jpg

I have to find some pictures showing the ventilation better and the xod symbol on the bottem. Any help will be appreciated.

Of course this prop is gonna be scaled down

I wish I could help with pic. I was thinking of making it myself and I totally forgot about that symbol. You have a great pic their. I would like to see how it comes out. Are you going to wait for the symbol or go ahead with it and deal with that aspect of it at the end? I just made Kalel ship and wanted to make this for my display. I am very close to finishing the original ship from the first movie.

Good luck
FXhound

Originally posted by Kal-ElofKrypton@Jan 26 2006, 04:40 AM
I've been thinking of making the ship from Arrival for some time now. This is gonna be the first prop big prop I'm gonna try to make. Its gonna be make either out of copper or aluminum.

But I need help to scale the ship. Its a WIP. I need to save some money so I can afford to make a furnace so I can try to make it.

Here is a picture of the ship:

S10G-929-SMA1-20-3.jpg

I have to find some pictures showing the ventilation better and the xod symbol on the bottem. Any help will be appreciated.

Of course this prop is gonna be scaled down
[snapback]1168457[/snapback]​

Yeah I'm gonna deal with the symbol. I have to figure the scale cause then I can make a stamp of the zod symbol to put it on the ship but its not gonna be easy.

The ship from the first movie?. wow that must be a difficult one to be doing.

Well here are some more pictures I think could help with scale. Does anyone know the height of Micheal, Kristen or Tom and James? That would help alot.

Ship2.jpg

Ship3.jpg

Ship4.jpg

Ship5.jpg

Ship6.jpg

Ship7.jpg

Ship8.jpg

Ship9.jpg

Ship10.jpg

Ship11.jpg

Ship12.jpg

ShipII11.jpg

I really want to thankyou for those great shots that you shared . I envy you on how you got such great shots. What do you have Tivo or something like that?

I was thinking of applying it as I did with the smallville base that I made for my Kal-el ship.
RPFsmallvilleBASE2.jpg

As for the ship from the first movie,it is proving to be quite a job. I deceded to try to make it with modified common objects and if I like the result I will try to get it perfected. That ship will never be perfect as it has to much junk on it. I am going to try and light it to glow as in the movie and make a base that imitates the ice structures on Krypton.

As for the Zod ship, I will make it to a scale that is reasonable to handle but it sounds like you are going to do it right huh? Good luck and I hope I get to see the finished results.
How so you feel about this other pic that I found on the ship that doesn't seem to jive with the ones you show?
BRAINIACSHIP.jpg

FXhound

Those pictures I got from a friend becausehe downloaded the episode and helped me out.

The picture you posted, I think that the model for that ship was a "proto-type". The one we've seen this season is the official ship I guess.

yeah making this to scale is gonna be hard. Hopefully we will see more shots of the ship. I don't want to reviel and spoilers.

Sorry something funky happened there. Well, I wanted to thankyou and your friends for those pics and for the clarification on the image of the ship that I posted. I can't wait to see what you come up with. thanks
FXhound

Originally posted by Kal-ElofKrypton@Jan 29 2006, 02:13 AM
Those pictures I got from a friend becausehe downloaded the episode and helped me out.

The picture you posted, I think that the model for that ship was a "proto-type". The one we've seen this season is the official ship I guess.

yeah making this to scale is gonna be hard. Hopefully we will see more shots of the ship. I don't want to reviel and spoilers.
[snapback]1170704[/snapback]​

Hi Again, I have what I feel is the shape of the outside of the ship done. I was wondering do you have any pics of the back???? I don't think that I ever saw the back and the one episode that was repeated last night(Thursday the 16th) had what might have been the only view of the back that was drawn on Lana's paper work that she had from Lex. Unfortunitly the vcr wasn't running soI couldn't pause it to see if there was anything there useful. Without this I guess All I can do is guess. I would appreciate it if you have any pics or thoughts on this.

Thanks
Fxhound

Originally posted by Kal-ElofKrypton@Jan 30 2006, 03:08 AM
Might want to try that reply again cause nothing is there.
[snapback]1171425[/snapback]​

This is gonna be the hard part. I have a feeling we will see the ship again but I;m not gonna say anything cause It could be spoilery. best idea is to attemp this project once we know the ship is gone cause they can't change anything with it.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back