Smallville Phantom Zone Portal

replicaprops

Official Licensee
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just wanted to share my work in progress on this prop. Right now it still needs a little TLC but it is getting there.
pz2.jpg

pz1.jpg

That looks Good so far, is that double sided? From what I have seen I’m pretty sure it is supposed to be double sided. With the same details/ slanting. It would be kind of odd it was just flat on the back. Since it is a “Bracelet”.

I just watched the season finale in HD and when Lex/Zod lets go of the "Bracelet" and it is flipping through the air it shows the front and back of it and both sides have the same symbols and slanting shape as the front. I contacted Hydin to see if he could post some HD caps for me since he posted some good ones in one in different smallville thread.

Interesting. Seems as if its thicker as well. The one in the air is a CG version and not real. The real one that is on lex's wrist is only half the thickness. Looks like once again the CG people and the prop department have a comunication problem.

Here are some screen caps I took. The first 2 are of the Front on the "Bracelet" and the last 4 are of the back of it. I inverted the color so you can see that the symbols are also on the back of it. Also the inside of the Z should not have the little grooves it should be diamond shaped.

<div class='quotetop'>(darthscifi @ Jun 3 2006, 11:33 PM) [snapback]1255735[/snapback]</div>
I hate when they change things in a CGI shot. Now there are 2 versions to worry about
[/b]

I think that you should just do the Double sided version. :thumbsup :thumbsup

just got the pm's but got beat out on posting the shots :lol

the one you have at the beginning of the thread looks pretty cool though. i got the impression it was a little more "wavy" than the one you made though. its like it sort of like in between the zod symbols it sorta things out, then on the zod symbol it sorta waves back up (yea, total suck explaination)

might also be the light though.

chris

Well the pics above are of a clay model. I have not yet put it on the milling machine and as Im going through the 3d model design process, im noticeing what your talking about.
In order to connect the 16 sided lower section to the round innner section the software is putting facets on the surface that look pretty much like the screen captures. It looks like the prop guys then buffed them down to be less prominent.
Pay no attention to the grey sprues, they are only there to keep the part from falling out while milling.
pz.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>(darthscifi @ Jun 22 2006, 09:39 PM) [snapback]1266149[/snapback]</div>
here is an updated render of the cad model
l
pzp.jpg

[/b]

Nice... But what are you going to DO with it... ;)

Damian

The 3d model gets run through tool path software and then out put through my CNC milling machine.
This is some foam blocks I tested the tool path out in.
foampzp.jpg

I updated the design to incorporate the double sided feature that was pointed out and I also tightened up the engravings a bit. This should be a pretty nice prop.
Im going to cast it in bright pewter and strike it with 600 grit to get a nice finish.
This is a photo of the proto type pattern.
pzd1.jpg

pzd2.jpg

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back