Sliders Original Timer Replica!

sparticus86

Hey Guys! Haven't seen much interest for one of these on here for a while so just thought I'd try and liven it up a bit by showing off some pics and vids of one of my new Timer build, hope you enjoy.

111.jpg

211.jpg

311.jpg

411.jpg

511.jpg

Youtube Below:

My NEW Original Timer Replica - Full GEnSEr Boot Up Sequence! - YouTube

Sliders Original Timer - Battery Save and Spinning Zero's - YouTube

Wow, what a great replica! Coincidentally I started re-watching this series last week on Netflix and have developed a bit of an interest again. If anyone chooses to do a run of these then please keep me in mind!

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys it's really very much appreciated. I've loved Sliders since i was a kid and it's only taken me 15 years to finally get round to building one of these things! :lol

I've also made or rather should say adopted an aluminum case to display my Timer, added a plaque to, let me know what you think.

Cheers!

a112.jpg

a211.jpg

a311.jpg

a411.jpg

a511.jpg

a611.jpg

a711.jpg

a812.jpg

As said on the other thread, congrats for completing the timer, it's a great job and only a few managed to do it. Tip to the hat for you ! :)

Couple questions then...

- The display is very cool, but why have you made it in two parts ?

- Is this possible to light up the tip, the part that throws the vortex-opening wave ? It doesn't show in your video.

- Can you easily duplicate your electronic build and if yes, do you plan to sell a few and how much would those cost ?

Beautiful! Excellent work! I'm on the same band wagon, wanted one for 15 years!

I don't really have know how, but I do I have all 3 timers (including Rickman/Jensen timer) as static light up models, hoping one day to be able get the right parts and know how for the countdown sequence.

Nice Case as well, that's just classy.

Love almost everything youve done here, something Id love to have in the collection.

Its so good I think you should replace the foam the items insert in to with a solid one peice, laser cut insert. Great job.

Looks great. It sure would be nice if someone would come up with reasonable-cost electronics to build one of these. I have three or four of the (incorrect but close) phones just waiting for mods...

i have been searching for a sliders timer for years, as i lack the skill to do 1 myself, i love your timer, the original timer was 1 of my favorites

Hey everyone, I'm on my way to making another one of these due to a lot of interest. If anyone reads this please post a reply and ill try and get a run going.

Regards,
Mark

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back