Skyrim Map modified

shanclaw

Here's a quick project I did with my map of Skyrim and so can you! Project time was less than an hour. Well worth the effort. I hope you guys like it. And yes I am aware that blood oxidizes but I went with the "fresh blood" look anyway.
IMG_1414.jpg

IMG_1415.jpg

IMG_1417.jpg

Last edited:
It seems something has wiped whiterun hold right off the map! Looks good! If I were to sacrifice my beloved map I wouldnty do quite as much destroying as you did, but i must say it looks very nice.

Great work!
I read online that the map is only available with the pre order of the game. I just went to best buy and picked up an off-the-shelf copy of Skyrim and it included the map....???

Looks good, I love all the Skyrim props popping up!

And yeah, the massive hole where Whiterun should be made me laugh too!

Great work!
I read online that the map is only available with the pre order of the game. I just went to best buy and picked up an off-the-shelf copy of Skyrim and it included the map....???

I think that the pre order map was printed on some kind of fabric. The other games in the series also included maps.

I think that the pre order map was printed on some kind of fabric. The other games in the series also included maps.

Oh ok.
The map that came with the game was on thick paper with a canvas texture.
I'm just happy to have this map in any form.
I was planning on picking the map on eBay, but I guess I won't have to now.

Oh ok.
The map that came with the game was on thick paper with a canvas texture.
I'm just happy to have this map in any form.
I was planning on picking the map on eBay, but I guess I won't have to now.

Found this on a website
According to Bethesda, this map packed with pre-order copies is printed quality material that feels a lot like burlap.

It sounds like the kind of rough and tumble piece of parchment that could survive the harsh weather of Skyrim. But more importantly, it sounds like the sort of thing that I won’t toss into a dumpster the next time I move, which is my personal gold standard for any worthwhile collectible. Even if you don’t pre-order Skyrim, you’ll receive a printed copy of the in-game map. But those will be printed on the usual run of the mill glossy paper.

Niiiice!
I've been debating doing something like this with mine.
Think I'll go for it, s'not like it's ever gonna be worth anything mint.

What Shanclaw isn't telling, is that he was actually so addicted to Skyrim, he tried to play the game and cook dinner at the same time.
Trying to wrestle a knife, 2 red apples, a cabbage, PS3 controller and map at the same time - After he got chased by a mammoth in the game and got lost - he cut his hand and dropped the map onto the camping stove he'd set up in the living room!

Job done.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back