Skyrim Dragonborn helmet, 1st cast painted

Re: Skyrim (Dragonborn) helmet sculpt in progress

looks good so far! gonna get the game for christmas, apparently is supposed to be one of the best games ever

You're off to a good start. Best of luck with it.

And let me know if you need any extra reference pics.

The game itself allows you to view the model with full 360 degrees on every axis, plenty of reference right there, even for the interior.

Looks awesome so far!

I been thinking about cool Elder Scrolls props. What else is out there?

I've gotten a Moon-and-Star ring from Morrowind. I'll post a thread when it gets here. I also have another... larger project in the works. Just collecting reference now, but it should be a quick build once I get started.

Nice work here. I might be interested in a copy, should you decide to sell. ;)

Thanks everyone,
Managed to get some more work done on the horn base. Bulked them up and attempting to get them matching as best I can. I think they are slightly too big and need more of a curve down and foreward but will focus on the eyes next and then back plate to see how it all fits.

Cheers for the offer Oz, extra pics are always welcomed!
Thanks for the tip Jedi2016 good idea but im going more with the trailer/cover art version than the ingame version.

IMG_0341.jpg

IMG_0343.jpg

IMG_0349.jpg

Yeah, your horn sconces are too big and they should go straight to the side, not angled. Think of it as if someone jammed a large pipe straight through the side of the helmet and out the other side, and then cut both ends off flat.

The strip that forms the nosebridge runs right over the top of the helmet and ends in a point just past the horn sconces. It's supposed to be a large piece of reinforcing metal that's peaked like a roof down the middle.

And FYI, I worked directly with Bethesda when they contracted me to sculpt the head and maquette for the 7 foot statues that are now in all the Gamestops all over the world. I spent 6 weeks sculpting this helmet, both in life size and in 1/3 scale, so I'd dare say that there's no one in the world that knows this helmet better than I do right now.

And that also means that I have a lot more reference material than you're going to find in the game.

Cheers,

SkyrimHelmet-1.jpg

I have to say... Those credentials make for a marginally acceptable indication that you might possibly possess a very elementary inkling of the rudest idea of what you are talking about. :lol

It's definately an incredibly beautiful feast for the eyes, this game.

Cheers for the pic and info Oz, greatly appreciated! Work has been slow on it due to the job getting in the way and no time. I have re done the nose area and eyes. From what I have gathered each pic from the art work, to the live trailer and ingame version has noticeable differences and will be basing mine off a mix of the live trailer one and box art work.

Will be posting updated pics shortly, its going to be a slow one but will get there eventually

I'm not sure about the details on the live action helmet or who made it. Bethesda had me make mine based entirely on the box art.

This is a very slow sculpt! I managed a few hours total in this before I went away for a while and have since come back and torn it down.

With the help of my friend at his studio I have re started this piece from the ground up and its still very much a WIP with not much time to dedicate to it but its getting there.

Torn down and re shaping of the helmet started (the first one now I look at it was kak!)
IMG_0610.jpg
IMG_0611.jpg

Still in the roughed out stage and added extra length just to have excess to play with. Using very thin styrene to give me an idea on the eyes, ridges etc before I scribe them. Also just for fun wanted to see what it would look like with other horns
IMG_0613.jpg

IMG_0615.jpg

IMG_0616.jpg

Latest, trimmed away the excess on the bottom to be more even. Using more styrene to get a rough estimate on the eyes. Will keep messing around with them until I get the right shape of the eyes and distances then will come trimming the excess on the bottom to start bringing the shape out
IMG_0620.jpg
IMG_0619.jpg

looking much better now. i like the curled horns. you know when i put this helmet on Lydia the horns are very curled.... :) glad you are back at this.

Thanks man :)
I did a lil bit more today, there was a few uneven levels around the brow so smoothed and rounded them out a lil. I also started to trim a little bit on one side to see how it looks (its still a bit too curved ave to straighten it out a bit more tomorrow when I have time)
IMG_0625.jpg

IMG_0630.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back