Skyrim Daedric Male Armor -FOAM-

Leylander

Hi everyone,

I'm planning on starting a foam build of the Daedric armor from Skyrim.

I already found some valuable information on this forum. I've seen a few other builds on here as well of this armor, although no foam files have been provided (none that I could find anyway)

I've found a few of the pieces here:

http://www.pepakura.eu/all/skyrim-daedric-full-armor-foam/

These are however incomplete as I don't have the forearm, hands, legs and upper arm.
I found the missing files as pepakura and will have to convert them, unless someone already did and is willing to share :)

I've been checking the helmet file first and I am encountering some overlapping cuts which I can't figure out.

2016-11-01 15_24_02-Action center.png

How am I supposed to handle these parts?

It's my first foam build so I will be scouring this forum for more info and I will ask a few questions occasionally.

I'm still planning ahead so I don't have foam. But this will be ordered soon.

Hi Leylander,

use the "join/disjoin faces" tool in Pepakura Designer to get rid of the overlaps.Usually it will suffice to extend the cut (overlap) all the way (through) to another edge of the piece,and then try rejoin the separated piece by trying out the best surface of all to connect to,ofcourse without creating new overlaps.In the worst case scenario you end up with a bit of a puzzle,but with time and patience you should be able to come up with a proper organized file.Good luck with your build and feel free to ask.

Wish I could help ya. I did a fair amount of paper pep in my day, but I know nothing about foam or foam unfolding. Hope you get it worked out though, would love to see where this is going. :thumbsup

I've been fiddeling around with the pep files to convert it to Foam and it's not as easy as it looks. Given the fact that it is my first foam build it's even harder.

2016-11-04 17_26_28-Photos.png

It should be possible to do it in even less parts probably, but this is as far as I get.

I managed to puzzle a gauntlet and I am now assembling it. I'm having some issues with matching the correct angles and such, but time and patience will tell.

The Daedric sword is almost fully printed and can be assembled, sanded, filled, sanded, filled, sanded, filled, (you get the picture)
And then it's on to paint.

Photo 04-11-2016, 17 22 09.jpg

Photo 05-11-2016, 21 31 06.jpgPhoto 05-11-2016, 21 30 50.jpg

Now I've got to sand and fill it. When that's done I will have to make a mold. The structure is ok if handled with care, but it needs to be able to survive an occasional bump.
If I accidentally hit something it will easily come loose again.

I'm going to redo the arm as the unfold could be much better. I didn't unfold with the building process in mind, so I will correct that.

The helmet is now unfolded and I'm cutting the foam.

2016-11-07 13_24_55-Search.png

I tried to simplify the building process and keep the amount of detail that is in it. The other foam file I found online was almost flat on the sides.
Clearly this should not be the case.

Making some good progress! Definitely keen to keep an eye on this build and see where it goes! Keep up the good work, mate :)

Thanks! I sure hope to have a few people following me on this build and providing tips and tricks.
Love this armor! And that sword! :thumbsup

Keep up the work.

Thanks! Will do. I'm probably going to cast the sword to make it sturdy. But there's still some work to do before that will happen :)

It's looking good! And if you do cast the sword, you could do it with a dark tinted resin, paint the silver on the blade edges, and submerge a strand of red LEDs inside the blade. This might not be the exact same formulation or material, but the concept still applies. The only hard part I can see would be snaking wires out, or hiding the power supply. And what foam are you using?

Thanks for the tips but I don't think I will be embedding leds in this build. It's worth considering though. I'm using high density EVA foam. This foam does not need to be coated and should be ready to paint. It's 5mm thick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Horn. Not perfect, but I hope to compensate the rough spots when painting and weathering.

Photo 10-11-2016, 21 21 24.jpg

I attached one piece the other way around and had to remove it. Hence a few tears. But I'll be able to fill those hopefully

Currently printing this bad boy

View attachment 679646

Now on to the question in post #1 :)
Is this 3d model of daedric sword free if it does i would like to know where we can get it :) also if you get the authorisation of the creator of the files would you mind sharing the foam unfold with us ? :) i hope you will get better luck with this project than the mark 45 :)

Envoyé de mon SM-G530W en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back