Skulls on Bamboo

oneuglymf

So I scored a large 8ft piece of bamboo, and I'm trying to figure out the best way to affix it behind me without marring the suit in any way or getting caught.

Is this pretty much how you fellas are doing it?

bambooskulls.jpg.png

My plan is to simply cut into two 4ft pieces, and make a small notch on one end of one piece of bamboo so they may cross without being too off kilter.

notch.jpg.png

Then cover any places that join with leather to hide the duct tape and such.

Does this seem about right? Any of you currently sporting a setup like this, pls feel free to chime in with tips or tricks, or point out anything I may have missed. Help is greatly appreciated.

no one eh? 51 views, and no one has any tips or tricks for this? :p

its all good. I'll search the forums for ppl who have the setup and mg them directly. :p

Thanks anyway Chaps. :popcorn:

pm sent to Bizenboat and Budo. If anyone else knows of members with this setup (I can't remember which users here do) if they could let me know, I'll msg them directly as well.

i did that same way. look at my costume update i was working on. here is the final picture of it.

1) Take two dowels. Attach each one individually to each head.
2) use the heads on the dowels to determine how high you want them to rise above your shoulders. i did mine a little higher that way they would always be visible.
3) Cut the bottoms after you have marked them with a pen/pencil.
4) take another dowel, piece of wood, etc and make your cross support bar.
5) prime and paint it
6) add your belt to attach it to yourself. I used one on the waist and one on the shoulders.

I didn't use a notch at the bottom of the V. I cut the wood at angles and joined them at the bottom with a piece of hard foam. The foam was bound, primed and painted.

skull_trophy_mount.jpeg

Depending on what type of back armor you use, you could always attach clips to the backarmor that will hold the trophy polls in place.

Here are a two pics of how i attached the poles. I made the back piece out of large flower pots cut and pieced together.
I used 3/4 dowels cut to length and burnt lines with gas stove.
Then I just bolted it to the back in two places.
Hope this helps

scullattachments2.jpg

scullattachments1.jpg

So I scored a large 8ft piece of bamboo, and I'm trying to figure out the best way to affix it behind me without marring the suit in any way or getting caught.

Is this pretty much how you fellas are doing it?

bambooskulls.jpg.png

My plan is to simply cut into two 4ft pieces, and make a small notch on one end of one piece of bamboo so they may cross without being too off kilter.

notch.jpg.png

Then cover any places that join with leather to hide the duct tape and such.

Does this seem about right? Any of you currently sporting a setup like this, pls feel free to chime in with tips or tricks, or point out anything I may have missed. Help is greatly appreciated.
What I would do is lash the sticks together, a diagonal lashing or square, both work fine as long as it's tight. use a small black or leather strip, which ever is closer/ cheaper for you. and depending on your pred's armour, lash the higher ends onto a strap or something near the shoulder plates. predaotrs didn't have bolts and screws... lol more realistic if you tie it on yourself.

here's a cheap pic (courtesy of google's search engine and the BSA) of the square lashing for the sticks.
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http:/...ved=0CCQQ9QEwAw

What I would do is lash the sticks together, a diagonal lashing or square, both work fine as long as it's tight. use a small black or leather strip, which ever is closer/ cheaper for you. and depending on your pred's armour, lash the higher ends onto a strap or something near the shoulder plates. predaotrs didn't have bolts and screws... lol more realistic if you tie it on yourself.

Quick tip on lashing with leather: soak it in water, first. The leather will dry tighter and create a stronger connection...

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back