Sideshow Predator Bios

Emperor Chaos

Sideshow Predator Bios
Now I found out that the scar helmet had paper mess lenses in it! Cheap!
And that it haded some other issues.
Now I'm thinking that the other helmets will have the same paper mess lenses and from the looks of the upcoming pictures I have seen it looks like it will!
I wonder why they are not making the other helmets with the same qualities as the wolf helmet was, and Sideshow said that they take Great Pride in there Work and that Quality is what they strive for?!

"At Sideshow Collectibles, we take great pride in our work and strive for the best in design, sculpture, paint, casting, and quality. We work hard to provide true limited edition product." from there own words.

Now for the ones that bought this new Scar Bio helmet do you guys think that this piece reflects on these promises?
And I now think that the bio will not gain much or any value in the future.

Sideshow is by far overrated, and artificially keep their prices up. The Scar Bio is sub-par when compared to the Wolf they put out, and reeks of easy money. Funny though how the Celtic was announced way in advance, got pulled back and now is going to be released anyway. Not too keen on having it cast eyesockets, since I'm not too jumpy on cutting them out myself.

Well the sacr bio is a big dissapointment for me, im one of those that were really looking forward to this piece and they go and skimp on the costs to an unbelievable degree!!! metal parts replaced with paper just boggles my mind it really does! The thing is though, it has sold out so why would they care, The celtic will still sell out even if they do a ****** job like they have with scar! im bitterly dissapointed as i was hoping for the whole set up on the wall but im affraid i couldn't bring myself to pay $300 (+ 15%vat/shipping!) for an inferior product, especially one to the degree of the scar bio, i still cant believe they did that, it would almost be funny if some people hadnt already had theirs deliverd! Its a big shame and i hope sideshow rectify their new attitude before celtic is released..... i feel that may be a false hope however, Big shame.

I had the Scar bio on order and canceled it when I saw in hand pics of it. Really ****** of them to use paper for the lens. I rather send my money to one of the guys here that make quality bios that can actually be worn.

I had the Scar bio on order and canceled it when I saw in hand pics of it. Really ****** of them to use paper for the lens. I rather send my money to one of the guys here that make quality bios that can actually be worn.

Snap, my scar has been cancelled also, really not happy! infact there is a picture i remember seeing somewhere of a beautiful celtic bio complete with dreads etc and mounted, my money will be going into one of those as soon as i find the damn pic and a little more info!

The Sacr bio is a big dissapointment for me as well, I was really looking forward to this piece and they go and **** up on it to an unbelievable degree!!!
The metal parts replaced with paper was just cheap and it does boggles my mind it really does!
I'm glad that I didn't have the money at the time to get it when they were taking orders as I would have been greatly let down by it.

The thing is though, it has sold out so why would they care, The celtic will still sell out even if they do a ****** job like they have with scar!

Fortunately for us, I don't think it's quite as simple as this. I remember when Master Replicas produced the Darth Vader lightsaber a few years back, and they made the edition size 7500, which was WAY too many for the market. They all eventually sold, but I had the chance to speak to one of the MR people about it, and he told me it really hurt their follow up sales. Yes it had sold out, but resale values for it were in the toilet, dealers were unable to purchase as many of the follow up products as MR would have liked because they had money tied up in stock of Vader lightsabers (which they were now selling at a loss just to get rid of them) and the public in general was a little more wary of buying, because they were unsure how the stuff would hold it's value in the future.

Now take the Scar bio, word has gotten out that it is cheaply made, with quality flaws and an overall feeling that you are not getting what you paid for. People are cancelling their orders left right and centre, not only for the scar but also for the celtic. They will be more wary of preordering in the future, until sideshow has released at least a couple of replicas that are up to the standards that people expect of a $300 collectible.

I still have my order in for the celtic, though I fully anticipate having to make a few mods to it to get it up to scratch.

I was looking at the Sideshow Collectibles Product Reviews of The Scar Predator Mask and there was only One review written, There and the guy writes,

"Beautiful This is by far one of my favorite prop replica very heavy and big. Also the light up feature is awesome."

To me it sounds like someone that works for Sideshow put this there so people would buy it!
So I was thinking that if We all posted in there what we think maybe they will not pull this cheap **** with Predator props again!
I'm going to see if I can write in there even thought I didn't get one.

I have seen what it looks like from Dan at Predatorstuff.com and the youtube vid he made and I have to say that the scar bio is not at all what I thought it would look like it's not the same as in the movie and lacks all the small details.

Fortunately for us, I don't think it's quite as simple as this. I remember when Master Replicas produced the Darth Vader lightsaber a few years back, and they made the edition size 7500, which was WAY too many for the market. They all eventually sold, but I had the chance to speak to one of the MR people about it, and he told me it really hurt their follow up sales. Yes it had sold out, but resale values for it were in the toilet, dealers were unable to purchase as many of the follow up products as MR would have liked because they had money tied up in stock of Vader lightsabers (which they were now selling at a loss just to get rid of them) and the public in general was a little more wary of buying, because they were unsure how the stuff would hold it's value in the future.

Now take the Scar bio, word has gotten out that it is cheaply made, with quality flaws and an overall feeling that you are not getting what you paid for. People are cancelling their orders left right and centre, not only for the scar but also for the celtic. They will be more wary of preordering in the future, until sideshow has released at least a couple of replicas that are up to the standards that people expect of a $300 collectible.

I still have my order in for the celtic, though I fully anticipate having to make a few mods to it to get it up to scratch.

That is a good point, i hadn't thought of it like that, i also still have my Celtic on pre order, but wouldn't they have already made most of them by now? it's release isn't all that far off. Personally i really hope they do a good job on the celtic but i have doubts, still, we shal see. sending you a pm by the way with regards to something along the same lines

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back