Sideshow/Legacy Life-size 'The Child' figure

Does anyone else’s order say Payment Processing?

I paid the $35 on January 29th and the remainder on September 17th.
Shipping charge now shows up as $29.71 but I don’t have the option to pay it, it just says Payment Processing. Does Sideshow automatically charge the shipping when the product is ready, or do I need to just keep checking this page until I can pay the shipping? I’ve never purchased from them before.

I had no idea we were supposed to pay the remainder of the cost, I never received any mail for that and was expecting this would be the case... I just logged to my account and saw it was possible to pay so I paid... weird way to proceed.

anyways, when I paid, it told me the item was expected around january next year. last mail update mentioned shipping early november. starting to feel a bit long.

I had no idea we were supposed to pay the remainder of the cost, I never received any mail for that and was expecting this would be the case... I just logged to my account and saw it was possible to pay so I paid... weird way to proceed.

anyways, when I paid, it told me the item was expected around january next year. last mail update mentioned shipping early november. starting to feel a bit long.

I jumped the gun and paid it off on my own since I had the extra bunce. I actually haven’t gotten any emails at all outside of the final production photos. Nothing confirming my payment, nothing with the calculated shipping. I have gotten a thousand advertisements for toys I don’t care about though... Sideshow kind of sucks.

Did you pay the whole balance, including shipping?

I jumped the gun and paid it off on my own since I had the extra bunce. I actually haven’t gotten any emails at all outside of the final production photos. Nothing confirming my payment, nothing with the calculated shipping. I have gotten a thousand advertisements for toys I don’t care about though... Sideshow kind of sucks.

Did you pay the whole balance, including shipping?
I paid the rest of the balance a few minutes ago, not the shipping. and it now says like you that the payment is processing. we'll see. I guess if it really ships in january, we have time...

I paid the rest of the balance a few minutes ago, not the shipping. and it now says like you that the payment is processing. we'll see. I guess if it really ships in january, we have time...

Mine still says Oct-December 2020. Just talked with a statue collector buddy of mine and apparently Sideshow doesn’t process payments on the weekend. May be worth checking Monday or Tuesday then I guess.

Though I'm not crazy about the seams in the ears, I think Hot Toys wins this one.

I'm reserving any final "best award" till I set both side by side. We have yet to see a Hot Toys final product and personally the ear seams may be too much of an issue for me to ever consider it the better product. But maybe the seams will be less noticeable in person.

Honestly I don't want both in my collection and would rather sell off one. However I got a feeling I will not because it will be like comparing apples to oranges. That each will have its cons but both will offer some other aspect that the other does not and as a result I will end up keeping both.

Last edited:
Had to double check to make sure I wasn’t on the Sideshow Freaks forum. [emoji38] this thread has become like every thread for every figure ever released. There is a definite pattern to how these threads unfold. Production pieces never match prototypes (it’s just the nature of a handmade one off versus mass produced), bad lighting always makes stuff look terrible (wait until the in hand cell phone pics start surfacing, people will be calling this the worst thing ever produced and cancelling orders like crazy only to cry later when they realize it was just bad pictures and can’t find it to reorder at a decent price). I reserve my judgement until it is in hand.

Anyway, this isn’t meant to be a personal attack on anybody, just a comment on how the thread is unfolding. Looking forward to receiving this.

I did not see those awful ear seems in the video?? Wasn't that the final product?
the seams are in the upcoming hot toys life size figure, not the sideshow figure/statue. The hot toys version has interchangeable ears and that is why there are seams around the ears.

the seams are in the upcoming hot toys life size figure, not the sideshow figure/statue. The hot toys version has interchangeable ears and that is why there are seams around the ears.

Yick. I was hoping those were just,...not gonna be there. Well the Sideshow looks fantastic. I hope Hot Toys ditches those ear seams.

Yick. I was hoping those were just,...not gonna be there. Well the Sideshow looks fantastic. I hope Hot Toys ditches those ear seams.
Unless they ditch the whole interchangeable ear thing and mold them as part of the head, you are going to have ear seams. Personally I don’t need the different ears. I don’t think I would change them as I wouldn’t want to chance them coming loose after time.

The pro of the Hot toys is it is more of a 1:1 scale figure you probably can pose it more and move it around without damage. Probably better for cosplay. The sideshow is more of a statue. So it’s going to look great on a shelf.

Unless they ditch the whole interchangeable ear thing and mold them as part of the head, you are going to have ear seams. Personally I don’t need the different ears. I don’t think I would change them as I wouldn’t want to chance them coming loose after time.

The pro of the Hot toys is it is more of a 1:1 scale figure you probably can pose it more and move it around without damage. Probably better for cosplay. The sideshow is more of a statue. So it’s going to look great on a shelf.
Exactly my thoughts. I would rather not have interchangeable ears. The seams just stand out and glare at you. Put his ears in a neutral expression, and leave it at that.
I do like the interchangeable hands, so that you can put him in different poses. I would like magnetic eyelids that you could cover his eyes with and throw his little hand out while he is summoning the force.

Exactly my thoughts. I would rather not have interchangeable ears. The seams just stand out and glare at you. Put his ears in a neutral expression, and leave it at that.
I do like the interchangeable hands, so that you can put him in different poses. I would like magnetic eyelids that you could cover his eyes with and throw his little hand out while he is summoning the force.
Instead of extra ears, I would have liked a broth bowl or a frog.

IMHO, the ear seems aren’t awful (more like unpleasant) but it keeps it from being a perfect display piece and the reason I will still own the Sideshow version too.

If the posability is really that much of an issue, surely a pop and swap of heads would get the job done? Hot toys body and Sideshow head. Mine will be standing in a corner so can’t say I’m particular bothered about the lack of movement.

I just can’t get over those Hot Toy’s ear seams. I would never be able to personally look at the piece and enjoy it myself.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back