SHOWOFF: Gino Vader Armor

Darth Kahnt

Sr Member
Here is my most recently completed project, my Gino Darth Vader armor. When I received this fine piece it was primed and needed to be sanded again before painting. I sanded it, had it painted by TK-427, put in the autoshop for clearcoat and I finished the cape hook myself. Although it has the prominent ROTJ cape hook I painted the bells solid black like the ESB scheme.

Comments, both praise and criticism, are welcome. Enjoy the pic, I really like this armor. I can provide more pics on request.

Thats a fine set of armor. Looks great. Is it the older or the new GINO armor? Post a pic with you sporting it.

Kell

<div class='quotetop'>(jedipunk @ May 29 2006, 09:48 PM) [snapback]1252878[/snapback]</div>
Looks great.

FYI: All-black bells are correct for ROTJ as well.

Congrats :)

-Chris
[/b]

Yeah, I thought about that after I posted it and realized that I had made an idiotic statement. :lol

Looks nice, ive got a set of this coming soon, how does it sit on the shoulders? Also, do you have any pics of it being worn?

<div class='quotetop'>(Thrawn @ May 29 2006, 10:10 PM) [snapback]1252887[/snapback]</div>
Looks nice, ive got a set of this coming soon, how does it sit on the shoulders? Also, do you have any pics of it being worn?
[/b]

It sits well on the shoulders. I incorporated an idea from SithLord and added padding to the underside of the bells to make them sit higher off the shoulders. I also padded the underside of the armor with some foam tape so that if the bells slide under the armor they dont scratch or chip.

I will have some pics of it being worn this weekend coming. I will post them to the thread, as well as pics of the modifications I did to the underside of the armor.

<div class='quotetop'>(Darth Domain @ May 30 2006, 05:26 AM) [snapback]1252985[/snapback]</div>
Nice Chris, can you have your old set? :D
[/b]

Sold it already. Sorry Mark. :(

<div class='quotetop'>(yakcam @ May 30 2006, 03:05 AM) [snapback]1252972[/snapback]</div>
Looks great, nice paint job too :thumbsup

I can't wait to see a pic of you suited up in it.

Cheers,

Kraig
[/b]

Thanks. TK-427 did the paintjob. He deserves the credit for that.

<div class='quotetop'>(OdiWan72 @ May 30 2006, 03:24 AM) [snapback]1252974[/snapback]</div>
Looking great...much better than it did covered with dust, packed away in my basement ;)

Markus
[/b]

Yes, no doubts there Markus. I am happy to have finished this piece and grateful you sold it to me.

<div class='quotetop'>(SithLord @ May 31 2006, 08:29 PM) [snapback]1253926[/snapback]</div>
I like it....not too glossy....just the right amount of shine...the gunmetal looks pretty good...not flakey :)

:thumbsup
[/b]

Thank you Thomas. I'm quite proud of it. :D

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back