Show Pieces

joberg

Legendary Member
Question for everybody: I was thinking of making the "2001 Docking Bay" a show piece for say...future clients of the Howard Johnson Hotel.
Presenting this model would entice backers/investors to bankroll some of the cost of building the Space Station V.
I will also start some iconic pieces of known spaceships as "Show Pieces". I have to decide in which scale to do these...1/6 could be the one...then again, the Discovery engine would be HUGE at that scaleo_O
1: The engine of the Aries -1B
2: The engine of Discovery
I'm sure they are many examples we could come up with and add to my "to build list"...thanks for the feed back;)

Hey joberg , I'm not sure what the question is, but investors will want to know "What's in it for me?" and "How fast will I get my ROE". It's all about the money and not the passion. I think your biggest issue is to sell this idea to Howard Johnson. Your work is magnificent, but the hotel will have to invest in a display for your piece in a central, very visible location, and figure if this will attract more visitors to the hotel.
A sci-fi museum would be a good idea, but we had one here in a small town and it failed. Possibly for it being in a small touristy town. I think you have to put those museums in high traffic locatios as an add-on to an existing venue.

If I was an investor, I'd like a whole model, not just a fragment, and pictures from the movie back-lit behind the model.

TazMan2000

I think you might want to approach Hilton, since they were featured in the film.

What about a re-creation of the hotel room David Bowman was in?

TazMan2000

I think you might want to approach Hilton, since they were featured in the film.

What about a re-creation of the hotel room David Bowman was in?

TazMan2000
This was just a make-believe idea Taz. I imagined that the "future clients" might want to see a 3-D representation of the soon-to-be-build S.S.V;)

Howard Johnson's: vacationing out of this world!!
9191370282_a9089fcb78_o copy.jpeg

Last edited:
Some people have small engines displayed on a base (they come in various scales)...just throwing the idea out there.
After the SSV's face/docking bay is done, I'll tackle one full engine for Discovery.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back