Show Off: AT-AT Driver helmet tusk

obi1kenny

Sr Member
Here is kind of a new project I have been working on but haven’t had a chance to post here and show yet. Actually haven’t had the time to post in a while, but nonetheless, here is my take on the AT-AT Driver helmet tusk.

ET_atat_01.jpg

Some of the specs are: CNC machined from solid bar Aluminum, all one piece, drilled and tapped to 8-32 on the backside for mounting purposes.

PM me or Email me for more info, Email might be a little faster as I don't get a chance to stop by here too often: Dmaul1000@aol.com

Looks great Kenny.
<div class='quotetop'></div>
Was there any consensus as to what the found item was or was it a custom piece?[/b]
I made some for TE years ago and based on the dimensions I took back then, the tapered end seemed to be the same size and shape as Boba Fetts smallest knee dart. Didn't get me any closer to knowing what they might have used, but I did find it interesting.

Thanks guys.

Yeah, no idea what the original prop might have been, but havenÂ’t really looked in to that much myself. I know someone here made some of these a few years back and kinda scratch built them together out of maybe 2 or 3 parts for each tusk, and looked pretty good from what I remember. But canÂ’t remember who that was.

<div class='quotetop'>(obi1kenny @ May 31 2006, 05:24 PM) [snapback]1253832[/snapback]</div>
Thanks guys.

Yeah, no idea what the original prop might have been, but havenÂ’t really looked in to that much myself. I know someone here made some of these a few years back and kinda scratch built them together out of maybe 2 or 3 parts for each tusk, and looked pretty good from what I remember. But canÂ’t remember who that was.
[/b]

wow yeah never heard about any discoverys of this piece, but from all the ATAT driver reference pics ive seen those certainly look the part, albeit probably being better constructed than they were back then...

WOW those are machined from a solid rod of aluminum, they seriously do look great.

im still trying to get an ANH TK suit together, but the ATAT driver at least the helmet isnt far down my wish list. ;)

<div class='quotetop'>(obi1kenny @ May 31 2006, 04:24 PM) [snapback]1253832[/snapback]</div>
I know someone here made some of these a few years back and kinda scratch built them together out of maybe 2 or 3 parts for each tusk, and looked pretty good from what I remember. But canÂ’t remember who that was.
[/b]

That may have been me Kenny. After purchasing your awesome Tie Helmet greeblies a few years back, I contacted you about making some AT-AT helmet tusks and emailed you some drawings. I did make mine out of three different diameters of aluminum rod as you stated. They look OK but they don't compare with what you've created. I'm glad you finally made these. :) Email sent.

<div class='quotetop'>(Firespray @ Jun 1 2006, 05:37 AM) [snapback]1254065[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(obi1kenny @ May 31 2006, 04:24 PM) [snapback]1253832[/snapback]
I know someone here made some of these a few years back and kinda scratch built them together out of maybe 2 or 3 parts for each tusk, and looked pretty good from what I remember. But canÂ’t remember who that was.
[/b]

That may have been me Kenny. After purchasing your awesome Tie Helmet greeblies a few years back, I contacted you about making some AT-AT helmet tusks and emailed you some drawings. I did make mine out of three different diameters of aluminum rod as you stated. They look OK but they don't compare with what you've created. I'm glad you finally made these. :) Email sent.
[/b][/quote]

Ah yes, that must have been you then and that jogs my memory a bit more.

And on the other note, I am pretty sure these would have been found parts as well. But in the slim chance they were scratch built originally, they might just have pieces a few different size pieces of tubing together to make them. And an even slimmer chance that they machined them all from solid. But then again I made replicas, now if someone wants to dig and find out what jet engine part or grenade part this might be then cool, IÂ’d like to know as well.

I have a set of these and they look great :)

Just need some red imperial cog decals that are the correct size now, as the ones i have are too small.

Keith.

Hey Kenny,

What is the diameter of the disc?

I am converting a standard DP Tie helmet.....will this fit in there ?

:)

i've got a set of them, and they rock.

<div class='quotetop'>(Mr. Bojangles @ Jun 1 2006, 11:03 AM) [snapback]1254203[/snapback]</div>
I am converting a standard DP Tie helmet.....will this fit in there ?
[/b]

if i don't flake out on it, i can try them up against my DP tie when i get home tonight.

<div class='quotetop'>(Mr. Bojangles @ Jun 1 2006, 03:03 PM) [snapback]1254203[/snapback]</div>
Hey Kenny,

What is the diameter of the disc?

[/b]

The largest part is about 1 and 1/4 inches.

And for those that had already heard through the grape vine about these, I'd like to see pics if you have them on your helmet already.

<div class='quotetop'>(obi1kenny @ Jun 1 2006, 08:27 PM) [snapback]1254528[/snapback]</div>
And for those that had already heard through the grape vine about these, I'd like to see pics if you have them on your helmet already.
[/b]

normal_IMG_1563.JPG

normal_IMG_1562.JPG

i haven't painted the red tusk yet. well, there's a lot on the helmet i haven't done yet, but it's getting there.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back