Show me your Iron Man suit

Iron Man esk?.. Punisher War Machine
20190412_120024.jpg

Here is my upgraded Mark 43 Age of Ultron suit. I replaced all the foam pieces with 3D printed parts from files here on the forum and DO3D.

MNvsCK.jpg

The little kiddo brought his Iron Man Happy Meal toy to show me. Super Cute!

n9JfZZ.jpg

CxAHbO.jpg

I also helped to create the Thanos costume in one of the shots and the Dr. Doom costume in the other.

Your Mark 85 suit is looking good! How are you going to seal the foam and what paint name brand, shade of red are you going to use?

Newbee here.. not sure if I can post it here. Those are nice lines and details. Just wanted to know how you made those line details. did you use soldering Iron for that or just a cut from xacto knife and heat gun over?
I'm not sure how he did his detail but I use undercuts, xacto, and wood burner tool, then the heat gun shrinks the cut. I also use angle cuts to decrease the amount of overall cuts/gluing.

Wow this is what caught my eye and don't get me wrong there is a lot of great talents here but yours to me is perfect,the sizing,the features,nothing's too big at one place and too small elsewhere.It really is beautiful.Is this foam?If not,what kind of material because the shaping is perfect.Are these templates private or public because i would love to give it a shot.Anyway thank you for showing this beautiful art.Hope to hear from you soon.

Francois

Wow this is what caught my eye and don't get me wrong there is a lot of great talents here but yours to me is perfect,the sizing,the features,nothing's too big at one place and too small elsewhere.It really is beautiful.Is this foam?If not,what kind of material because the shaping is perfect.Are these templates private or public because i would love to give it a shot.Anyway thank you for showing this beautiful art.Hope to hear from you soon.

Francois

So I'm not sure what Mark is using for his pattern but in the thread I started my mark 85 I was linked to this template. Its completely free (Thank god) and if you know what you're doing you can add in all the little feature lines.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. For those asking here are some answers:
- yes, it's Eva foam (8mm)
- I use my dremel to make the grooves
- some cuts are beveled, some aren't. You have to know when it's needed when looking at reference photos. Jfcustoms has a thread here where he explains the basics of foamsmithing.

This pic of the abs section you can see when I bevel-cut, v-cut, undercut, combinations of them (look at the hip part)
Screenshot_20190522-151439~2.jpg

I'm using the files from Jung industries on Facebook. It's paid files but it's pretty accurate specially the proportions which is the most important thing for me. Some details are missing but I just add it on the fly. If you are interested just message him.

Thank you Markseven for taking the time to answer,it's truly appreciate and to Deltastryker000 for giving me the link to the files,i'm like a kid again today.I will start by re-buy all the things i need for a build-up and will start as soon as i can.I want to thank you guys again,it's so cool.Years ago i started a mark 3,i had the arms,torso(front and back) that were at cardstock stage and the helmet was at the bondo stage but i had to return to Montreal from British-Colombia so that didn't follow but i tough about it since then and now i am crazy about the mark 85.Anyway now i back in B.C. and will start this soon.Another big,big thanks to you both.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back