Show me your Iron Man suit

Was this 3D printed? What files did you use?
the helmet yes, but the rest, i honestly dont know the origin, got the chest off ebay and it said "i work in the film industry and this was one of a few we made that was slightly warped but I cant say anymore" I got it raw and sanded and primed it and painted it, and it looks ****in perfect so im almost wondering if this came from the fx company that built for one of the films extras..... who knows but it looks pretty good to me. NYCC this friday, ill post some pics next week.

My latest MK7 commission build complete with LEDs for the eyes, repulsors and ches plus functioning helmet.

22089920_1666130320072852_2152422308689169464_n.jpg22141202_1666130250072859_5869629520522851386_n.jpg
22154189_1666130210072863_3326998704995393412_n.jpg22141295_1666130293406188_5368110019208203766_n.jpg

Mk 6 Full fibreglass and 3D printed hands/fingers and hinge points
View attachment 710521View attachment 710520View attachment 710518

Glad you like the suit (its one of mine), let me know if you ever need replacement parts.

- - - Updated - - -

Glad you like the suit (its one of mine), let me know if you ever need replacement parts. FYI - you have the shoulder bells on the wrong way round. 7mm nut and a 2.5mm allan key will sort it. there's also some adjustment (by using the front or rear whole on the hinge).

I'll throw in some pics of my 3D printed Mark 45. It's actually about ready for final paint; been super busy getting it wrapped up (Halloween is quickly approaching and Grandpa Suro has a 5 year-old to trick-or-treat with lol). I have her completed Injustice Flash armor (she LOVES The Flash) and a 75% completed War Machine in pieces. Happy crafting folks!
0929171214.jpg1007171117.jpg0927171314.jpg1007171117a.jpg
1007171120a.jpg

I'll throw in some pics of my 3D printed Mark 45. It's actually about ready for final paint; been super busy getting it wrapped up (Halloween is quickly approaching and Grandpa Suro has a 5 year-old to trick-or-treat with lol). I have her completed Injustice Flash armor (she LOVES The Flash) and a 75% completed War Machine in pieces. Happy crafting folks!

Looking great! Very interesting mix of Do3d and maxcrft parts there. Any particular method to the madness? Can't wait to see your paint up.

Last edited:
Thanks! Been a very long road to get here....in total I bet you I've printed that suit 3 times over. You discover a new technique, material or technical toy and you start over again. It's not 'cast' perfect but at some point I just have to finish it. That point is now lol. The printing of parts is not the hard part; to me that was making the suit wearable. That meant the Do3D waist section and codpiece had to go. I'm in good shape but there is no way I was getting in there...as I believe others have found. I believe it was your post that got me pointed straight; so here's a personal 'thank you' from me. So....the chest, traps, back, thighs, hands, boots & helmet are Do3D pieces. Shoulders, biceps & forearms are MaxCrft. On an aside, I think the Do3D forearms are better looking but the range of motion was awful. The Maxcrft forearms were then printed and slightly modified; now I can touch the tip of my nose with the arms on. Motorizing the helmet faceplate was another challenge but worked out well in the end. Going to use EVA foam for joints and knee/elbow filler pieces; I had acquired Cheetah Flex filament for this but neither of my CR-10's or my Taz 6 would run it without dialing in a profile. Unfortunately I just don't have time to go down that rabbit hole now. BTW, big fan of your work :thumbsup.

@robsuro Thanks for the kind words bro, and very glad you found my thread helpful. I'd love to see details of how you did the faceplate as that is kind of eluding me right now. As for mobility: I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I'm not going to be terribly agile in the suit. Good to see another CR10 user on here. Most of my mk45 was printed on a much smaller i3 and joined together. I'm so tempted to reprint the suit in single pieces on my new 50x50x50 bed but will save that for my next set of armour: the mk47.

And I guess I should contribute my progress to this thread. I'd prefer to be showing off a complete suit but what the hey ...

62z4FZj.jpg

@robsuro Thanks for the kind words bro, and very glad you found my thread helpful. I'd love to see details of how you did the faceplate as that is kind of eluding me right now. As for mobility: I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I'm not going to be terribly agile in the suit. Good to see another CR10 user on here. Most of my mk45 was printed on a much smaller i3 and joined together. I'm so tempted to reprint the suit in single pieces on my new 50x50x50 bed but will save that for my next set of armour: the mk47.

And I guess I should contribute my progress to this thread. I'd prefer to be showing off a complete suit but what the hey ...

https://i.imgur.com/62z4FZj.jpg

Looking damn good...love to see other Mark 45's. The hinges and servo mount I used were from Thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2030176. I referenced this post https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=170853 for the arduino code and setup of the LED lights. Rather than use 2 servos I use one very strong servo (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073F92G2S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) powered by a 9 volt and then modified the Arduino code. I'll attach a pic of the inside; still need to do some cleanup in there but you get the idea: 1007171318b.jpg

Throwing my hand in the pot, as I've gone Iron Man for this year's Halloween event at work (last year was a UD Replicas TDK suit that was a huge hit).

So, after trying my hand and at foam crafting, and realizing I need way more practice than I had time for, and after I had a massive budget delay in the form of months-late tax returns, IM Nation rescued me by putting together a Mark VII suit for me, minus paint and goodies. So I've stepped up from learning how to work with foam, to learning how to PAINT foam. Given the following variables: Cold and damp weather outside (and the presence of pets indoors), inexperience, and minimal time-frame left, between work and other goings on - I'm pleased with how it's come out so far, for the most part. There are a couple minor things, that had the above issues not been present, would be better. I really could've used another week's worth of prep time, sanding, etc. And better temperatures would make for a much better paint result. But for the most part, I'm happy, and I'm sure it'll be a hit with the kids at work on Tuesday when they come through the center.

Oh, and it goes without saying, I have to spray the silver yet too (though the advantage of grey primer means that if I bombed on getting that last bit sprayed, it's still doable as it. Just isn't as shiny.

The chest arc I have a push-light LED thing from Wal-Mart glued to the backside. I didn't think to light it up for the picture, and I don't know how long three AAA batteries are actually going to last. I might hijack my phone bank and see if that would work better, but not a priority atm. I had a couple smaller lights I was going to cut up for the hands, but I won't have time for that, so I'm just going to glue some white discs to the gloves in the meantime. All that I have left to do, is tidy up the faceplate and add some magnets to allow me to pop it on and off, and to add some supports in the helmet for a snug fit, and then it's all done.

(should also note, I'm not going for complete accuracy as painting goes, so there are some accents I've forgone for the time being)

Attachments

• 20171029_183517.jpg
    20171029_183517.jpg
    964.1 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back